This Plastic news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Plastic straw and cotton bud ban proposed
Plan for ban in England announced as Commonwealth leaders urged to join fight against plastic waste.
BBC News. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Brisbane mother who got breast implants was 'butchered'
Samantha Humm, a mother-of-four from Brisbane, says she was 'butchered' by a general practitioner who promoted himself as a plastic surgeon on Facebook.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Theresa May's new plastic crusade to ban plastic drinking straws
Theresa May will today announce a ban on plastic cotton bud, straws and drink stirrers in a major environmental campaign to combat Britain's 'throwaway culture'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
Plastic building blocks
- What happens if you ban plastic?
Maharashtra in India has imposed a wide-ranging ban on plastic. How does that affect producers?
BBC News. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
- Scotch Thermal Laminators Recalled by 3M Due to Burn Hazard
The plastic enclosure can overheat, posing a burn hazard.
Consumer Product Safety Commission. April 3, 2018.
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain plans to ban the sale of plastic straws and other single use products and is pressing Commonwealth allies to also take action to tackle marine waste, the office of Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May said.
Reuters. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
- Scientists investigating a plastic-eating microbe accidentally improved it
Some rare good news in the fight against plastic pollution: Scientists working with a plastic-eating microbe discovered in Japan two years ago accidentally created a mutant enzyme that sounds like an environmentalist's dream, the Guardian reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
- Plastic Omnium prepares to shift from diesels toward hybrids, fuel cells
Plastic Omnium, a leading maker of systems that clean up emissions from diesel, says it is preparing for a future of sharply reduced demand for the powertrain.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
- Plastic-eating enzyme holds promise in fighting pollution
(Refiles this April 16 story to fix affiliation in 10th paragraph.)
Reuters. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
- Scientists Accidentally Create A Plastic-Eating Enzyme
A Japanese waste dump is an unlikely location for what may be a huge
Yahoo. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
- Plastic-eating enzyme could help fight pollution, scientists say
Scientists in Britain and the United States say they have engineered a plastic-eating enzyme that could in future help in the fight against pollution.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
- Scientists develop 'mutant' enzyme that eats plastic
Pioneering research could open up new avenues in the war on plastic waste.
CNBC. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries