This Physician news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Exclusive images document 150 years of Royal charity that had Queen Victoria as its first patron
Founded in 1868 by physician Thomas Rhodes Armitage, the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) was supported by royals including Princess Diana and King George.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Week Ahead: AMA, RAND gauge physicians' interest in alternative pay models
The AMA and RAND Corp. release findings from a study assessing how physicians view new pay models. Also this week, earnings season continues.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Recent survey provides updated national estimate of doctors' financial ties to industry
Since 2013, gifts and payments to doctors by pharmaceutical and medical device companies have been publicly reported. Some medical centers, employers, and states have banned or restricted detailing visits, physician payments or gifts. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
Physician wearing a mask
- EHRs, financial instability contribute to physicians' pessimism
Burdened by EHRs and anxious about their financial well-being, physicians don't have a particularly rosy outlook on the practice of medicine, according to a report from Leavitt Partners.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Doctors are told to 'talk to terminally ill patients about death'
The Royal College of Physicians, a British union with 35,000 members, said confidence is one of the main barriers, with many feeling uncomfortable about initiating such conversations.
Daily Mail. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- New York City Creates Gender-Neutral Designation For Birth Certificates
People who were born in the city and don't identify as male or female can change the gender on their birth certificate to a third category of X, without acquiring approval from a physician.
NPR. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Military physicians who lost son, 4, to flu urge others to get vaccinated
Two Air Force physicians who lost their 4-year-old son to complications of the flu last Christmas Eve are hoping their #FluShotsforLeon campaign helps others understand the importance of getting vaccinated against the flu.
Fox News. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- Why Doctor Malpractice Premiums Stopped Rising
Physician medical malpractice insurance premiums continue to be flat after more than a decade with little to no rate increases, new reports show.
Forbes. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- On Medicine: For Doctors, Delving Deeper as a Way to Avoid Burnout
As the practice of medicine shifts, physicians should follow their curiosity to continue to find meaning in their work.
New York Times. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Here's Why You Should Really Start Taking Lunch Breaks, Says Doctor Mike
Sure, taking lunch breaks away from your desk can boost your productivity and creativity, but according to physician Doctor Mike, it benefits your mental and physical health as well.
Forbes. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
- Patients Give Doctors High Marks For Prescribing Antibiotics For Common Sniffles
People with colds and related infections give physicians higher ratings when they give them a prescription for antibiotics. Could that be influencing doctors to over-prescribe?
NPR. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- Texans safety Hal's cancer in remission
Houston Texans safety Andre Hal's cancer is in remission, the team's physician said Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 26 Sep 2018.
- Watchdog: MDs with convictions hired to examine immigrants
The Homeland Security's watchdog group has found some physicians hired to examine immigrants have criminal convictions, a history of sexual misconduct or have been sanctioned for allowing her team to dilute vaccines
ABC News. Tuesday, 25 Sep 2018.
- UnitedHealthcare warns hospitals it may drop major ER doctor network from plans
The insurer is warning hospitals it may drop the nation's largest provider of emergency room physician services from its network starting in January if an agreement is not reached before then.
CNBC. Monday, 24 Sep 2018.
- State Medical Board Has A Simple Solution To Help Amid Physician Mental Health Crisis
The physician suicide rate will shock you
Daily Caller. Saturday, 15 Sep 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries