This Physical Therapy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about physical therapy and physical therapist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lawsuit: Wyoming boss required Scientology for employee
Julie A. Rohrbacher filed a lawsuit in federal court Dec. 17 against Teton Therapy, a group of physical therapy offices in four Wyoming locations, owned by Jeff McMenamy (pictured).
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Dec 2018.
- Early physical therapy can reduce risk, amount of long-term opioid use, study finds
Patients who underwent physical therapy soon after being diagnosed with pain in the shoulder, neck, low back or knee were approximately 7 to 16 percent less likely to use opioids in the subsequent months, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- 5 Surprising Issues That Physical Therapists Treat
Your PT can help with more than just rehabbing your bum ankle.
Yahoo. Monday, 10 Dec 2018.
- Sixers Guard Markelle Fultz Out Indefinitely With Nerve Disorder
The No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft will receive physical therapy for neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, an issue more associated with baseball players.
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- NBA notebook: Fultz diagnosed with nerve condition
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with a nerve condition and will be sidelined indefinitely as he undergoes physical therapy, the team announced Tuesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Stephen Baldwin is caught having an affair with sexy masseuse
Actor Stephen Baldwin, 52, has been having an affair with Venezuelan masseuse Ruth Perez Anselmi, 39, who he met at a physical therapy school in LA in 2016, DailyMailTV can reveal.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- How to Relieve a Tension Headache in 10 Seconds, According to a Physical Therapist
You don't even need to leave your desk.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Nov 2018.
- Innovation = Love: Meet the Woman Bringing The Couture Experience To The World's Largest Minority
With the help of physical therapists, occupational therapists, engineers, and past clients, Grace and OSL has served 50 Clients with Disabilities and worked with more than 150 students. ...
Forbes. Friday, 9 Nov 2018.
- Zika in Africa: Rare birth defect on the rise in Angola
Emiliano Cula starts to cry as his tiny fingers, curled into a tight fist, are stretched by a physical therapist to stimulate motor control.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Spinal cord stimulation, physical therapy help paralyzed man stand, walk with assistance
Spinal cord stimulation and physical therapy have helped a man paralyzed since 2013 regain his ability to stand and walk with assistance.
Science Daily. Monday, 24 Sep 2018.
- How An Accidental Inventor Broke $1M in His One-Man Business
Looking for a way to relieve his own neck pain, physical therapist Steven Sudell raised more than $1.6 million through crowdfunding and created an invention that went viral.
Forbes. Monday, 24 Sep 2018.
- Health insurers look for ways to cut costs for back surgery
Back surgery is one of the most overused types of surgery and back pain is the most common ailment that sends patients to doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists. More than $90 billion a year is spent on low-back pain alone.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 27 Aug 2018.
- Back pain patients get fast therapy with St. Luke's spine program
St. Luke's University Health Network has created a new program that ensures patients with lower back pain get access to physical therapy within 48 hours to prevent chronic back pain that can lead to surgery and opioid dependency.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 1 Aug 2018.
- Exclusive: Ray insists, "I have no restrictions"
After doing physical therapy five hours per day, Shane Ray says he will be ready for opener.
ABC News. Saturday, 28 Jul 2018.
- U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. Schedules Second Quarter 2018 Release and Conference Call for Thursday, August 2, 2018
HOUSTON - Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call ...
Business Wire. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
Physical therapy session
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries