This Petroleum news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Oil firms as China's slowdown not as steep as some expected
Oil prices firmed on Monday after data showed China's economic slowdown was not as big as some analysts had expected, with supply cuts led by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries also offering support.
Reuters. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Oil dips as China's economy slows but OPEC-led cuts support
Oil prices dipped on Monday as China reported its weakest annual economic growth in 28 years, although oil prices remain relatively well supported by supply cuts led by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Q4 Earnings Meet, Revenues Top
Kansas City Southern's (KSU) Q4 results benefit from an impressive performance of Chemical & Petroleum and Agriculture & Minerals segments. However, high operating expenses partly affect results.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- U.S. Petroleum Market Analysis and Forecast to 2025 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "U.S. Petroleum Market Analysis and Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The report provides on an in-depth analysis of the U.S. ... ...
Business Wire. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Import Prices Fall; Year-on-Year Drop Largest Since 2016
U.S. import prices fell for a second straight month in December as the cost of petroleum products tumbled and a strong dollar curbed prices of other goods, leading to the largest annual drop in more than two years.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Saudi energy minister says no need for extraordinary OPEC meeting before April
Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said on Sunday in Abu Dhabi he saw no need for an extraordinary meeting of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries before April.
Reuters. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Union Pacific and Occidental Petroleum jump; AutoNation dips
Union Pacific and Occidental Petrolume rise while AutoNation and Illumina slide
ABC News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Canada's two major railways well-poised for trade headwinds in 2019: analysts
Canadian National Railway Co. and Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. shipped 23 per cent more oil and petroleum in 2018 to drive a four per cent increase in total freight traffic, according to the Association of American Railroads.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Feds investigating death of worker at oil distribution plant
SPRING TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) - The federal government is investigating the death of a 66-year-old worker at a petroleum distribution business this week. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) Stock Moves -1.46%: What You Should Know
Marathon Petroleum (MPC) closed the most recent trading day at $58.77, moving -1.46% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Faroe Petroleum takeover bid extended
Aberdeen-based oil and gas firm Faroe Petroleum largest shareholder, Norwegian firm DNO, made the offer last month.
BBC News. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- US: Chinese National Charged With Stealing Big-Oil Trade Secrets
The U.S. Justice Department said on Friday a Chinese national had been arrested for stealing trade secrets from a U.S.-based petroleum company, his employer, related to a product worth more than $1 billion.
Newsmax. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- Qatar Petroleum to invest $20 billion in US in major expansion
After Qatar quit OPEC, its state-owned oil firm is committing to invest $20 billion in the U.S., freeing it from potential legal risks.
CNBC. Sunday, 16 Dec 2018.
- Lease sale in Alaska petroleum reserve draws modest interest
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - The federal government's attempt to sell oil leases in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska has again drawn a modest response. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
- OPEC exit frees Qatar from U.S. legal concerns
DUBAI/DOHA (Reuters) - Even before taking over Qatar's energy policy in a government reshuffle last month, Qatar Petroleum (QP) CEO Saad al-Kaabi had long wanted the Gulf state to leave OPEC. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
Petroleum-based surface product
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries