This Payroll news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nicaragua's pension protests reflect list of grievances
Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega's now-cancelled decree to increase a payroll tax and make other changes to social security set off days of violent protests. But it also appears the protests included broader anti-government grievances.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- It's been 16 years since unemployment was this high in the west
Western Australia's unemployment rate rises to its worst level since January 2002, with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry blaming restrictive retail trading hours and high payroll tax.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- How Clients Judge Consultants And Service Providers
Why should service providers, professionals, and consultants worry about marketing? The answer is simple: To make payroll. That means the money to pay the most important person in the world, which is you.
Forbes. Friday, 13 Apr 2018.
Keyboard payroll key
- South Australian Liberals flag changes to tax cut election promise
The South Australian Liberal Government flags changes to its key election promise to cut payroll taxes for small business following concerns from business groups and the Opposition.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 12 Apr 2018.
- Nonfarm payrolls can tell you a lot more than just job numbers
There is still hidden slack in the U.S. labor market.
CNBC. Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018.
- Yankees, While Remaining Competitive, Are A Team In Economic Transition
New York's 40-man roster payroll of $180.5 million, plus estimated benefits, is only the seventh-highest in Major League Baseball and gets them out of paying the repeater tax.
Forbes. Monday, 9 Apr 2018.
- Strategist: Underwhelming jobs report shows 'we are out of easily employable workers'
Nonfarm payrolls rose 103,000 in March compared with 193,000 expected by economists.
CNBC. Friday, 6 Apr 2018.
- March Jobs Revert to the Mean
This morning's March Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) non-farm payroll report saw just 103K new jobs.
Zacks. Friday, 6 Apr 2018.
- Span's 3-run triple helps Rays rally in 8th past Red...
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The way the Tampa Bay Rays were cleaning house and slashing payroll, Denard Span spent much of spring training wondering if ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Mar 2018.
- Yanks have 7th-highest payroll; Red Sox tops
NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Yankees are on track to open the season this week with baseball's seventh-highest payroll, their lowest ranking since ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Mar 2018.
- Yanks have 7th-highest payroll; Red Sox on top
While the Red Sox top the major leagues with a projected payroll of $223 million, the Yankees are seventh at around $167 million -- their lowest payroll since 2003 and their lowest payroll ranking since 1992.
ESPN. Monday, 26 Mar 2018.
- Cost of Phoenix federal payroll debacle surpasses $1B
The department in charge of the federal government's Phoenix pay system now says the combined cost of implementing and fixing the ailing program has exceeded $1 billion.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 26 Mar 2018.
- TJX Companies' Efforts Drive Comps, Wage Costs a Concern
TJX Companies (TJX) has been cheering on its strong comps performance, backed by its effective merchandising policies. However, increasing payroll expenses remains a concern.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Mar 2018.
- Louisiana's jobless rate falls again as payrolls stay level
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Unemployment fell again in Louisiana, as payrolls were level. The jobless rate fell to 4.6 percent in January from 4.7 percent in December, as more people entered the labor force and more found jobs. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 13 Mar 2018.
- Mississippi jobless rate and payrolls both hit new records
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Mississippi's jobless rate again set a new low in January, while employer payrolls again set a new high. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 13 Mar 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries