This Payroll news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Monumental mistake': Lush Cosmetics admits it underpaid staff $2m
Cosmetics company Lush launches a backpay scheme, blaming an outdated payroll systems for the errors which could have affected as many as 5,000 employees.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 17 Jul 2018.
- Dollar slumps after U.S. nonfarm payrolls data, tariffs kick in
The dollar hit three-week lows on Friday after data showed the U.S. economy created more jobs than expected in June, but a closely watched inflation gauge - wage growth - rose less than forecast and the unemployment rate increased.
Reuters. Friday, 6 Jul 2018.
- The five most important numbers from the June jobs report
Nonfarm payrolls for June beat expectations, but the headline numbers don't tell the whole story. Here are the five most important numbers from the report.
CNBC. Friday, 6 Jul 2018.
Keyboard payroll key
- Back To Work: After Mid-Week Holiday, Market Awaits Payrolls, Fed Minutes
Fed minutes are up next, followed by payrolls tomorrow. The market seems to be in more of a positive mood early Thursday as word comes from Europe of a possible thaw in the battle over auto tariffs.
Forbes. Thursday, 5 Jul 2018.
- The Week Ahead: Automakers Report June Sales and China Tariffs Will Take Effect
A new jobs report is expected to show another month of payroll growth, and Wall Street will be closed in the United States for the Fourth of July holiday.
New York Times. Sunday, 1 Jul 2018.
- Phoenix to take 5 years, billions to fix: report
A newly released federal report estimates the problem-plagued Phoenix payroll system has already cost Canadian government coffers more than $1 billion and could require an additional $500 million a year until it is fixed.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 29 Jun 2018.
- Raising the Payroll Tax by This Much Would Fix Social Security
Could you handle a 23% increase to your payroll tax liability?
Yahoo. Saturday, 23 Jun 2018.
- TaxSlayer Grows Family of Brands with Workful, New All-in-one Small Business Suite
AUGUSTA, Ga. - TaxSlayer has launched Workful, an all-in-one, cloud-based small business solution that streamlines human resources (HR) and payroll tasks.
Business Wire. Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018.
- Payroll tax cut for SA small businesses
Small businesses in South Australia will no longer be subject to payroll tax, under proposed new laws hoped to deliver more jobs and lower ...
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jun 2018.
- Strong Mississippi job market softens slightly in May
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Mississippi's job market softened slightly in May, as unemployment ticked up and payrolls dipped. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 18 Jun 2018.
- Queensland payroll tax rebates extended
Payroll tax rebates for Queensland businesses will be extended for another year, the state's treasurer says.Jackie Trad announced a $26 million initiative ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 8 Jun 2018.
- Next-Level Housekeeping Via Technology | By Larry Mogelonsky
Nowhere is this reinvestment in our own associates and managers more necessary than for our housekeepers and other related departments because they account for the most payroll by man-hours. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 8 Jun 2018.
- Short Money, Major (League) Production
The Red Sox have the highest payroll in baseball but are actually getting a pretty good 'return on investment' on two of their pitchers. And that value could continue Thursday night with a rookie starter.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jun 2018.
- Global Cloud-based Payroll Software Market Analysis & Industry Forecast 2017-2023 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Cloud-based Payroll Software Market by Organization Size - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Wednesday, 6 Jun 2018.
- Your Move, Rest of the World
Pre-market levels are continuing from Friday???s rally, which came upon a very strong non-farm payroll and unemployment rate report Friday morning.
Zacks. Monday, 4 Jun 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries