This Payroll news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US jobs growth loses steam in December
Non-farm payrolls rise by 148,000 - far fewer than in November, but the unemployment rate holds steady.
BBC News. Friday, 5 Jan 2018.
- Global Payroll Cards Procurement Market Intelligence Report 2017 - Research and Markets
DUBLIN - The "Global Payroll Cards - Procurement Market Intelligence Report" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Friday, 1 Dec 2017.
- Why a Toronto single mom felt 'terrified' after receiving a long-awaited Phoenix payroll deposit
Health Canada chemist and single mother Kuini Chuen went nearly three months without being paid as a result of the ongoing Phoenix payroll mess. When the deposit finally arrived, she wasn't sure she could touch it.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 23 Nov 2017.
Keyboard payroll key
- Phoenix payroll mess will take several years and more than $540M to fix, spending watchdog says
It will take several years and far more than the $540 million the Liberal government has set aside to fix its troubled payroll system, Canada's spending watchdog said Tuesday. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 21 Nov 2017.
- PERSOL Kelly Adopts Bullhorn and Astute Payroll to Drive Growth across Australia and New Zealand
SYDNEY - Bullhorn and Astute Payroll today announce their largest ever customer win in ANZ. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 7 Nov 2017.
- 'Dud' payroll tax will cost 1,300 WA jobs, worried business community warns
The State Government's decision to slug big business with higher payroll tax will lead to the loss of 1,300 jobs, the WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry says, as the outgoing Wesfarmers boss calls it a "dud tax".
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 13 Sep 2017.
- CEO Gets 10 Years' Prison For Employment Taxes And Fraud
Criminal enforcement of payroll tax violations are growing, as are prison sentences. When it comes to payroll taxes, color within the lines.
Forbes. Monday, 31 Jul 2017.
- Even If Your Payroll Firm Steals Your Employment Taxes, You Must Pay IRS
Payroll services can file employment tax returns and hand over withheld monies to the IRS. But what if your payroll service steals your tax money before the IRS receives it? You guessed it, you are still liable for all the taxes.
Forbes. Wednesday, 26 Jul 2017.
- Man to pay $300,000 in damages for hacking employer
A former private security officer in California manipulated payroll records and stole confidential data.
BBC News. Thursday, 11 May 2017.
- Suspended Perth factory workers left in limbo
More than 100 Perth factory workers are suspended and locked out of their workplace as healthcare equipment company K Care appoints receivers amid claims it can not meet its payroll commitments.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 10 Apr 2017.
- Beyond robo-compliance: How bots will soon permeate banking
Banks are becoming more comfortable with robotic process automation and could use it overhaul everything from the payroll functions to advising customers.
American Banker. Acquired Monday, 23 Jan 2017.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center to cut 900 jobs due to losses from EHR rollout
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center will cut about 800 to 900 people from payroll, or 5% of its workforce. ...
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 6 Jan 2017.
Related Directory Page(s)
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries