This Painting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about painting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The secret to Rembrandt's impasto unveiled
Rembrandt van Rijn revolutionized painting with a 3D effect using his impasto technique, where thick paint makes a masterpiece protrude from the surface. Scientists have now found out how he did it.
Science Daily. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Sorry, the Mona Lisa Is Not Looking at You
A new study suggests the famous painting's eyes don't follow viewers around the room but are looking off to their right instead
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Famous painting looted by Nazis returned to Jewish heirs in Germany
A painting by Thomas Couture that was looted by the Nazis from a Jewish French politician and resistance figure -- who was later executed during World War II -- was returned to the man's heirs Tuesday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- NASA's Mars 2020 Rover Is Unique. And So Is Its Paint Job.
While a paint job may sound like an insignificant task, both the formulation and the process of painting a spacecraft like this have to be precise. "Like just about everything else we work on, there is only one Mars 2020 rover.
Yahoo. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Basquiat Painting Has Hidden Blacklight Images
An art conservator found the arrows on an untitled 1981 work and believes there may be more "secret" imagery hidden away on other works
Smithsonian. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- How a former graffiti artist graduated to oil painting
The most recent work by Cardiff's Malcolm P Murphy has been viewed online by thousands of people.
BBC News. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Man arrested in series of celeb home burglaries including Usher, Jason Derulo
Police said he stole diamond necklaces, paintings, clothes, purses and more.
ABC News. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Uffizi Prods Germans to Return Painting Stolen in World War II
A German family has the artwork, and refuses to give it back. The Italian museum has mounted a publicity campaign in an effort to get German authorities to intervene.
New York Times. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Italian art museum demands return of painting looted by Nazi soldiers
An art gallery in Florence, Italy, has pleaded for Germany to return a "masterpiece" that was looted by Nazi troops in 1944.
CNBC. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Italy's Uffizi Gallery demands back Nazi-stolen painting
The Uffizi Gallery in Florence seeks the return of a painting stolen by Nazi forces in 1943.
BBC News. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Italy's Uffizi demands return of Nazi-looted painting
Italy's Uffizi Galleries called on Germany on Tuesday to return a still-life painting by the Dutch master Jan van Huysum, which was looted by retreating Nazi troops in World War Two.
Reuters. Tuesday, 1 Jan 2019.
- This retired surgeon turns classic paintings and N.L. landscapes into rugs like it's no big deal
Alan Kwan says being a surgeon for 35 years helped develop the work ethic, attention to detail, and steady hand he needs to create his intricate rugs.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Federal Government Advised Furloughed Employees to Offer Manual Labor for Rent During Shutdown
"I would like to discuss with you the possibility of trading my services to perform maintenance (e.g. painting, carpentry work) in exchange for partial rent payments"
Yahoo. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Federal advice to furloughed workers: Try bartering for rent
The Office of Personnel Management is advising 800,000 furloughed workers to offer chores like painting in lieu of rent
CBS News. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- This Couple Built a Company That Stops Painting From Being a Pain in the Can
Backdrop aims to take the mess and misery out of giving your home a fresh coat of paint.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
Budding artist painting a picture
Related Directory Page(s)
Painting Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries