This Orthopedic news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about orthopedic and orthopedist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Doctor says Maradona needs prostheses on his knees
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - Diego Maradona's orthopedic surgeon says the Argentine soccer great has no cartilage left in his knees due to ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Hip and knee surgeons to use Apple Watch to monitor patients
Up to 10,000 Americans due to have hip or knee replacements will be able to funnel basic health data directly from their Apple Watches to their surgeons under a new app being tested by orthopedics company Zimmer Biomet.
Reuters. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Private equity interest in orthopedic practices expected to balloon
A new report from Edgemont Capital says private equity investment in orthopedic practices will increase in the next five years. The author knows of four or five such deals in the works.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
Orthopedic wrist brace
- Fitness after 50: Do or don't?
Outrage is growing across gyms in the Queen City after Carolina Orthopedic was cited in an article listing exercises you should never do after age 50.
Fox News. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- More than a dozen women and A MAN say 'dreamboat' surgeon and his girlfriend drugged and raped them
More than 12 people have come forward alleging a 'dreamboat' orthopedic surgeon and his girlfriend drugged and raped them, after two women successfully pressed criminal charges.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 22 Sep 2018.
- Doctor accused of raping two may have victimized more than 12 others: DA
The California orthopedic surgeon and his purported girlfriend are already accused of drugging and raping two women.
ABC News. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Exclusive Look Inside New Collin County Children's Hospital
Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is expanding from north of downtown Dallas to Collin County -- Frisco, specifically. The new state-of-the-art facility will concentrate on orthopedic and sports medicine. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- IndyCar's Wickens suffers 'orthopedic injuries' in crash, may need surgery
IndyCar driver Robert Wickens is being treated for injuries to his lower extremities, right arm and spine following an accident early in a race at Pocono
Fox News. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- 'Orthopedic injuries' hospitalize IndyCar's Wickens
IndyCar Series rookie Robert Wickens was hospitalized and being evaluated for "orthopedic injuries" Sunday night after his car went airborne and into the Pocono Raceway catch fence after a crash on the seventh lap.
ESPN. Sunday, 19 Aug 2018.
- Q&A with Providence St. Joseph's Kevin Fleming on bundled payments, reducing costs
Kevin Fleming, Providence St. Joseph Health's vice president of orthopedics and sports medicine, talks about the organization's approach to managing physician preference items and savings earned through bundled payments.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 28 Jul 2018.
- WATCH: Top tips for how to run without pain
An orthopedic surgeon breaks down what sort of pain should be a red flag when running, and how to fix common aches and enjoy getting in shape.
ABC News. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- 3D Printing Used to Make Synthetic Bones for Grafts
Orthopedic surgery can be tricky. So, researchers at Northwestern University are engineering new materials to make 3D printed bones that are a perfect match, ready for grafts. Faith Lapidus reports.
Voice of America. Thursday, 5 Jul 2018.
- Catalyst OrthoScience Adds Brian K. Hutchison to Board of Directors as Executive Chair, Interim CEO
NAPLES, Fla. - Catalyst OrthoScience, an upper extremity orthopedics company, named Brian K. Hutchison as executive chair of the board and interim CEO.
Business Wire. Thursday, 28 Jun 2018.
- Hip-replacement technique gets patients back on their feet sooner
Unlike traditional hip replacements, with incisions through either a patient's side or back, Toronto-based orthopedic surgeon Dr. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 27 May 2018.
- At 81, orthopedics pioneer Richard Rothman gives up surgery - but will never stop working
This is not a retirement. Rothman still has big plans.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Orthopedists News Headlines and News Summaries