This Optician news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about optician and optical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Will light be the basis for quantum computing?
Using a compact optical platform that exploits the quantum characteristics of light, scientists are one step closer to realizing the first powerful photonic quantum computer. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Scientists Measure the Second With Record-Breaking Precision
A new generation of optical clocks are becoming ever more reliable as physicists work to redefine time
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- Researchers map light and sound wave interactions in optical fibers
Earlier this year researchers developed sensing protocols that allow optical fibers to 'listen' outside an optical fiber where they cannot 'look', based on an interplay between light waves and ultrasound. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- Crafty optical illusion pops up in the middle of a busy Melbourne road
A 3D pedestrian crossing painted on Best Street in Fitzroy North, Melbourne, gives the illusion of floating bars, forcing motorists to pay attention to their surroundings.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Nov 2018.
- Researchers develop optical fibre capable of over 1 petabit per second
Boffins claim new fibre can transmit 12 times as much data as existing optic fibres.
ZDNet. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Moment announces Tele 58mm lens for smartphones: Six element glass provides 2x or 4x optical zoom
Moment continues to help smartphone manufacturers push the limits of mobile photography with new lens options. The newest member of the family builds upon the most requested function; optical zoom.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 13 Nov 2018.
- Kim Kardashian poses for stunning portrait as she promotes her makeup collection for KKW Beauty
She was mesmerizing in an optical illusion dress at the E! People Choice Awards on Sunday at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica. And one day later, Kim Kardashian promoted her makeup collection.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Nov 2018.
- UPDATE 2-Optical parts maker II-VI eyes 5G, driverless cars with Finisar buy
Laser and optical parts maker II-VI Inc said on Friday it would buy Apple Inc supplier Finisar Corp for about $3.2 billion, to grab a bigger slice of 5G investments and sell more sensors for iPhones and driverless cars.
Reuters. Friday, 9 Nov 2018.
- Optical Chip Startup Ayar Labs Raises $24 Million To Boost Data Speeds
Ayar Labs has a chip solution for data centers that boosts performance while dramatically cutting energy costs. They just raised $24 million to scale it.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018.
- How You View This Optical Illusion Might Reveal Your Age
Not everyone sees the same thing at first glance.
Mental Floss. Sunday, 28 Oct 2018.
- ADVA OPTICAL (ADVOF) Lags Q3 Earnings and Revenue Estimates
ADVA OPTICAL (ADVOF) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -10.00% and -2.73%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2018. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Oct 2018.
- Corning (GLW) Beats Q3 Earnings on Holistic Growth, View Up
Corning's (GLW) sales jump year over year is driven by revenue growth in all businesses, particularly Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies and Specialty Materials.
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Oct 2018.
- Bus crashes directly into opticians
A bus has crashed into an opticians, leaving the premises wrecked and half the vehicle embedded in the store.
Sky News. Monday, 22 Oct 2018.
- Yorkshire Tiger bus crashes into Shipley opticians
Retired lorry driver Colin Glover says he ran over to help and then turned the engine off.
BBC News. Monday, 22 Oct 2018.
- Morley Unveils the Michael Amott Mini Wah
The heavy metal veteran's signature wah features an electro-optical design and is limited to only 500 pieces.
Premier Guitar. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
Optician dispensing eyeglasses
Related Directory Page(s)
Opticians News Headlines and News Summaries