This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chevron upgraded at UBS: a safe haven stock amid volatile oil prices
UBS is upgrading Chevron to buy, saying the oil and gas giant is positioned to weather a sudden drop in crude prices.
CNBC. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- The Incredible Ways Shell Uses Artificial Intelligence To Help Transform The Oil And Gas Giant
In this post we look at some of the innovative ways Royal Dutch Shell is using artificial intelligence to accelerate the digital transformation of the oil and gas giant. ...
Forbes. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Why Pipeline Opposition Undermines Environmental Progress and Safety
Opponents of oil and gas pipelines say they are protecting the environment but are they? Contributor Brigham McCown, the federal government's top energy transportation safety regulator, weighs in.
Forbes. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Results of Pivot to the East in Oil & Gas Sector, 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN - The "Results of Pivot to the East in Oil and Gas Sector" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. ... ...
Business Wire. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Notley fed up with 'ridiculousness' of Ottawa's inaction on oil and gas
Alberta Premier Rachel Notley expressed frustration again Monday about a lack of progress in completing the Trans Mountain pipeline.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Colorado Supreme Court to rule in high-stakes oil, gas case
DENVER (AP) - The Colorado Supreme Court is set to rule on a high-stakes lawsuit over how much weight regulators should give public health and the environment when setting rules for the oil and gas industry. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Alaska regulators review BP wells after oil, gas leak
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Officials say state oil and gas regulators are reviewing the mechanical integrity of BP wells in northern Alaska after a well released gas and a small amount of oil in manner that appears similar to a 2017 leak. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Italy to block oil and gas exploration permits
The Italian government is planning to block the issuing of about 36 permits to look for oil and gas as part of plans to cut the country's carbon footprint, the industry ministry said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Bibby Financial Services Provides $10M Funding to Oil & Gas Industry Leader Through Asset Based Lending
ATLANTA - Bibby Financial Services provided a $10M asset-based lending facility to an oil and gas industry client.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- UPDATE 1-Occidental Petroleum sees 2019 capex range of $4.4 bln-$5.3 bln
U.S. oil and gas producer Occidental Petroleum Corp said on Monday it expects to spend $4.4 billion to $5.3 billion this year, depending on the price of crude oil.
Reuters. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Oil and gas business activity plunges, outlook turns negative: Dallas Fed survey
Oil and gas business activity in Texas and neighboring states plunged in the fourth quarter, according to the Dallas Federal Reserve.
CNBC. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Faroe Petroleum takeover bid extended
Aberdeen-based oil and gas firm Faroe Petroleum largest shareholder, Norwegian firm DNO, made the offer last month.
BBC News. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Marathon Oil (MRO) Down 44% in 3 Months: Can It Rebound?
While volatility in the oil and gas prices is likely to persist in the near term, Marathon Oil's (MRO) impressive portfolio of diverse operations and balance sheet strength provide some ray of hope.
Zacks. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- U.S. moves closer to opening Arctic refuge for oil leasing
In a statement, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke called the step toward opening Alaska's North Slope for oil and gas development a move toward an 'energy-dominant America.'
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- New study first to predict which oil and gas wells are leaking methane
A new study is the first to predict -- with up to 87 percent accuracy -- which oil and natural wells are most likely to be leaking methane.
Science Daily. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
Oil and gas production rig
Related Directory Page(s)
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries