This Nursing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Greek islander famous for nursing refugee baby dies aged 90
ATHENS, Greece (AP) - An elderly Greek islander who unwillingly gained international fame for helping newly landed refugees at the height of Europe's immigration crisis has died aged 90. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Nursing mother smashes 268-mile Montane Spine Race record
Jasmin Paris expressed milk for her 14-month-old daughter during the gruelling Montane Spine Race.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- 'Thank you, Jesus': Nursing students save man's life after he collapsed in the gym
A nursing student walked into her gym at just the right time Friday morning after a 67-year-old man had collapsed and wasn't breathing.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Music and memory program planned for Tennessee nursing homes
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Arts Commission is providing a music and memory program in more than 140 nursing homes across the state. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Study: For-profit nursing grads more likely to fail licensing exams
Graduates of for-profit nursing programs are more likely to fail their licensing examinations on the first try compared with peers who attended public or not-for-profit schools, a new study found.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: 911 calls released in surprise delivery at nursing home
Police, who said the patient was raped, are collecting DNA from male workers at Hacienda Healthcare in their search for a suspect.
ABC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- $3.4 Million Medicaid Fraud Inquiry Hovers Over Nursing Home Where Comatose Woman Was Raped and Had Baby
The operator of the nursing home, Hacienda HealthCare, has been locked in a legal battle with a state health agency, refusing to turn over financial records.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Sexual assault investigation underway after female patient in vegetative state gives birth at Phoenix nursing facility
Superior Court judge issues DNA search warrants to Phoenix Police, who are gathering samples from all male staffers and any vendors and contractors who may have had contact with the patient.
Yahoo. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Police Collect DNA From Nursing Home Workers After Rape of Patient in Coma
After a woman in a vegetative state gave birth at a private nursing home, the authorities took genetic samples from the male staff members there.
New York Times. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- DNA samples sought at facility where woman in vegetative state gave birth
Police served search warrant for DNA from all male employees at Hacienda HealthCare long-term nursing facility in Phoenix
CBS News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Police seek staff DNA over vegetative woman's baby
Arizona Police want to test the DNA of male staff at a nursing home where a patient gave birth.
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Police serve warrant to get DNA from all male employees at Hacienda HealthCare
The family of a patient who became pregnant and gave birth while in a coma at a Phoenix nursing facility is speaking out for the first time. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Police collect DNA at nursing home where comatose woman gave birth
The 29-year-old woman has been in a vegetative state for more than a decade.
ABC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- How to Pick the Right Nursing Home
Families of nursing home residents are more likely to be satisfied with facilities that have higher staffing levels and are nonprofits, a new study finds.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Baby boy born to mother in vegetative state 'will be well cared for' by family: lawyer
An attorney for the family of a woman who gave birth at a Phoenix nursing facility where she has remained in a vegetative state for nearly a decade said that the baby boy was "born into a loving family and will be well cared for."
Fox News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
Patient receiving nursing care
Related Directory Page(s)
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries