This Nurse news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man who helped rescue deer from frozen lake facing fine after taking animal home to nurse back to health
He said he just wanted to help the animal.
Fox News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Editorial: How Trump's war on immigrants will harm healthcare
Rural communities will feel the pain first. But it will also ripple through major cities, where the healthcare workforce has become highly dependent on a steady stream of physicians, nurses and support staff born in other countries.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: Doctor accused of ordering potentially fatal doses of pain medication
An Ohio hospital said that Dr. William Husel had been fired, and 14 nurses and six pharmacists had been put on leave.
ABC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- New suits filed over pain meds given to near-death patients
At least three wrongful death lawsuits have now been filed against Dr. William Husel, the Columbus-area Mount Carmel Health System, and nurses and pharmacists employed by the system
ABC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Walgreens and Microsoft partner on healthcare delivery innovation (plus more news from other sources)
Pro-choice groups sue to let nurses perform abortions, FDA staff return to work, and Theresa May faces another tough day.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- OB nurses from the same hospital department where 8 were simultaneously pregnant, pose with babies
Susan, Britaney, Ashley, Sara, Rebecca, Gwen and Michele from Anderson Hospital's Pavilion for Women in Illinois gathered with Anna, Reese, Logan, Holden, Daniel, and two Charlottes on Wednesday.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- Frantic 911 call nurses made as they rescued newborn after mother in vegetative state gives birth
The unnamed woman, aged 29, gave birth to a boy at Hacienda HealthCare facility in Phoenix on December 29. Nurses believed the baby was going to die and called 911.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- 'Baby's turning blue!': Panic as vegetative patient gives birth
Audio has been released from the 911 call made by distressed nurses after a female patient who had been in a vegetative state for years gave birth.
Sky News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- America's Most & Least Trusted Professions [Infographic]
Nurses have once again been rated the most honest and ethical profession in America.
Forbes. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- More nurses providing primary care where MDs in short supply
(Reuters Health) - A growing number of nurse practitioners are providing primary care in rural and low-income U.S. communities where the physician workforce is shrinking, a new study suggests.
Reuters. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- When Farmer Joe Gets Sick, Here's Who He Sees
The U.S. isn't exactly overflowing with primary care physicians. Increasingly, nurse practitioners provide primary care for patients, especially in rural areas. What does that mean for primary care in America?
Forbes. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Scottish nurse weighs in with new invention
Gillian Taylor was frustrated with the time and effort needed to weigh patients at crucial times.
BBC News. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Idaho woman arrested in connection to case of missing mom
A 32-year-old nurse may have something to do with Kelsey Berreth's cellphone that was detected 700 miles away from her home in Idaho.
Yahoo. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Nurses help "anxious" new parents at home, and program pays off
For every dollar spent on the program, an estimated $3 in health care costs are saved
CBS News. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Is habitat restoration actually killing plants in the California wildlands?
New work shows for the first time just how widespread and deadly the threat of pathogens from restoration nurseries may be to natural forests. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
Nurse ready for work
Related Directory Page(s)
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries