This National Security news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about national security news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Devin Nunes on Flynn Meeting Probe: 'Fake News'
Rep. Devin Nunes Tuesday dismissed a report claiming special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating a meeting he attended with former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- A Waiting Game For Immigrants And Border Agents On Both Sides Of The Wall
While Border Patrol agents build up fences in San Diego to guard against a national security threat, Central American migrants waiting in Tijuana consider whether the journey was worth the effort.
NPR. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Former US national security advisor: Trump team deserves 'no more than a C+' on Middle East approach
The Trump Administration should be given "no more than a C plus" for how it has addressed conflict in the Middle East, according to former U.S. National Security Advisor James Jones.
CNBC. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- White House requested military plans against Iran last year from the Pentagon rattling US officials
After a mortar attack against the US Embassy in Baghdad in September, John Bolton (left) leading Trump's National Security Council reportedly asked the Pentagon for military strike options against Iran.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- White House asked for options to strike Iran: source
The White House's national security team last fall asked the Pentagon to provide it with options for striking Iran after a group of militants aligned with Tehran fired mortars into an area in Baghdad that is home to the U.S. ...
Reuters. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Face The Nation: Seung Min Kim, Michael Crowley, David Nakamura
Missed the second half of the show? The latest on the government shutdown and national security.
CBS News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Pompeo says Trump is not a threat to national security
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says "the idea that's contained in the New York Times story that President Trump was a threat to American national security is silly on its face and not worthy of a response."
CBS News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Pompeo: NY Times Report on FBI Probe of Trump 'Ludicrous'
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo dismissed as "ludicrous" a New York Times report that the FBI began to investigate whether President Donald Trump was a national security threat after he axed former bureau director James ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- The FBI's Reported Investigation of President Trump Could Take the Russia Probe to a New Level
The revelation of a national security component to Mueller's investigation brings the country into shocking new territory
Yahoo. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- Anti-Trump FBI operatives viewed then-candidate Trump as national security threat
The FBI's hostility toward Donald Trump during the Obama administration has come out in new testimony from Lisa Page, the former bureau lawyer who had an affair with investigative partner Peter Strzok. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- Trump Russia: FBI probed whether Trump was working for Moscow - NYT
The FBI investigated whether Mr Trump was a national security threat, the New York Times reports.
BBC News. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- White House Slams NY Times Report On FBI Concern That Trump Acted On Behalf Of Russia
Spokeswoman Sarah Sanders denied the story which said counterintelligence officials wondered if the new president was working for Russia, and therefore was a national security threat.
NPR. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Bolton Hires Longtime Adviser as Deputy
White House national security adviser John Bolton has selected a new deputy. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Trump appoints former Reagan official Charles Kupperman as John Bolton's deputy
President Trump appointed former Reagan administration official Charles Kupperman Friday to serve as a top aide to national security adviser John R. Bolton. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- FBI agents group: Government shutdown putting national security, investigative operations at risk
FBI agents added their voices to the thousands of federal employees Thursday calling for an end to the government shutdown.
Yahoo. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
National security office building
Related Directory Page(s)
National Security Services News Headlines and News Summaries