This Museum news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about museums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Islamist hate preacher Anjem Choudary enjoys a day out at the British Museum
The convicted ISIS sympathiser, who received an early release from prison last year, was snapped browsing the exhibits in the world famous museum on a day out.
Daily Mail. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Revolutionary War powder horn returned to museum it was stolen from in 1952
An 18th-century gunpowder container made from an oxen horn has been returned to the Detroit-area museum it was stolen from more than 60 years ago.
Fox News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Israeli museum to drop 'McJesus' sculpture after protests
An Israeli museum plans to withdraw a sculpture depicting the McDonald's mascot as the crucified Jesus following protests which briefly united the country's Christian minority, its populist culture minister and the pro-Palestinian artist.
Reuters. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Big Hair and Bad Luck: The Hard Times of the Troll Museum
When Reverend Jen was evicted from the Lower East Side, she took her troll gallery with her. Now at an outsider art show at a boutique hotel in NoMad, the trolls are out of storage, at least for a little bit.
New York Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Memphis museums offer free admission to shutdown workers
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Museums and arts-related attractions in Memphis, Tennessee are offering free admission to federal workers affected by the U.S. government shutdown. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Trilobites: Romeo the Frog Finds His Juliet. Their Courtship May Save a Species.
The lonely male in a Bolivian museum was thought to be the last Sehuencas water frog, but an expedition has found him a potential mate.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: Pig museum gets boost as Year of the Pig draws near
This pig museum, featuring live shows, thousands of artworks and a petting area, is gaining popularity in South Korea as the Year of the Pig draws near.
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- From Lady Liberty to Hollywood to the Middle East, These Are the Most Exciting Museums Opening in 2019
Visit new institutions devoted to mascots, spies, archaeological sites, American icons and much more this year
Smithsonian. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Singular photos capture China during the 19th Century from its merchants to monasteries
A mix of images taken by Western and Chinese photographers, which span from the 1850s to the 1880s, from a private collection are now on display for the first at a Beijing museum.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- "McJesus" sculpture sparks outrage in Israel
Israel's Christian minority, and a gov't minister, protesting the piece, intended to criticize worship of capitalism, but museum director standing firm
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Civil Rights museum apologizes over Angela Davis decision
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama civil rights museum is apologizing for the discord that resulted from its decision to rescind a human rights award to political activist Angela Davis. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Fossil deposit is much richer than expected
Near the Dutch town of Winterswijk is an Eldorado for fossil lovers. A student has now analyzed pieces from museums and private collections for his master's thesis. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Archaeologists restore ancient Palmyra artifacts in Damascus museum
In the National Museum of Damascus, archaeologist Muntajab Youssef works on an ancient stone bust from Palmyra, one of hundreds of artifacts his team is painstakingly restoring after they were damaged by Islamic State.
Reuters. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Brussels Jewish Museum killings: Mehdi Nemmouche trial begins
Mehdi Nemmouche, the suspect in a 2014 shooting which killed four people, is facing a life sentence.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- New York City Is Getting Its Very Own Dog Museum
An interactive exhibit will tell you which dog breed your face resembles.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
Striking museum entrance
Related Directory Page(s)
Museums News Headlines and News Summaries