This Museum news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about museums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sonja Bata, founder of Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, dead at 91
Collector and philanthropist Sonja Bata, whose collection of global footwear treasures formed the basis of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto, has died.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 21 Feb 2018.
- The Instagrammable museum: Is it art?
Should social media-friendly experiences designed to make striking photos be considered art?
BBC News. Friday, 16 Feb 2018.
- From The Getty to Marfa, Robert Irwin Is Making Art In Order To Make Art Obsolete
One of the most acclaimed artists of his generation, Robert Irwin is most famous for the Central Garden at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles. ...
Forbes. Monday, 12 Feb 2018.
Striking museum entrance
- Museum uses American artifacts to help immigrants become citizens
New York Historical Society's Citizenship Project is a free, six-week course to help students pass the civics test required to become a citizen
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Feb 2018.
- Timelapse footage shows the V&A Dundee Museum taking shape
Timelapse footage shows the V&A Dundee Museum taking shape as the architect visits the completed building.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Feb 2018.
- Whitechapel fatberg remnants on display at Museum of London
Remnants of the 130-tonne, 250-metre-long toxic mass of sewage, fat, grease and rubbish found clogging a sewer last year go on display at the Museum of London to preserve a symbol of contemporary history.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 9 Feb 2018.
- Marathon runner and Holocaust survivor keeps going to tell his story
At 81-years-old, Nat Shaffir isn't slowing down. He runs marathons and volunteers at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. ...
CBS News. Friday, 9 Feb 2018.
- Smelly mass of diapers, oil and baby wipes makes it to the Museum of London
London's newest museum attraction is greasy, smelly and a glimpse at the hidden underside of urban life.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 8 Feb 2018.
- Boss defends tourist attraction at centre of sex assault claims
Victorian police have confirmed they are investigating a number of allegations of sexual assault at gold mining museum Sovereign Hill in central Victoria.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 7 Feb 2018.
- Cary Leibowitz, Museum Show At Institute Of Contemporary, Philadelphia
“Camp as a row of pink tents,” Cary Leibowitz’s paintings and sculptures are simultaneously banal and radical. But there is a subtlety and beauty to Leibowitz’s work that can easily be overlooked.
Forbes. Monday, 5 Feb 2018.
- 'Porsche Effect' exhibit debuts iconic Porsche sports cars at Petersen Museum
For the next year, you'll be able to see an ultimate Porsche display at the Petersen Automotive Museum called "The Porsche Effect."
Yahoo. Saturday, 3 Feb 2018.
- Petersen Automotive Museum Presents ‘The Porsche Effect’
Like Porsches? Well, don’t miss the Petersen Automotive Museum’s latest exhibit, The Porsche Effect, which opens on February 3 in Los Angeles, California. ...
Motor Trend. Tuesday, 30 Jan 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries