This Motorcycle news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about motorcycles from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ducati confirms plans for electric motorbike: "The future is electric"
Ducati is set to follow Harley-Davidson into an electric future. Its CEO, Claudio Domenicali, confirmed that the motorcycle manufacturer is working on
Pocket Lint. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- No politics please for Baghdad bikers aiming to unite Iraq
Roaring along Baghdad's highways, the "Iraq Bikers" are doing more than showing off their love of outsized motorcycles and black leather: they want their shared enthusiasm to help heal Iraq's deep sectarian rifts.
Reuters. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Easy rider! A man and his husky turn the heads of drivers as they cruise down a Nevada highway
Video shows a man and his dog driving down a road in Nevada on a motorcycle. Sox, the canine, adorably rests his head and his paws on his owner's shoulders while managing to turn heads.
Daily Mail. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Rallying: Qatari Al-Attiyah wins his third Dakar, Toyota's first
Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah became a three times Dakar Rally winner on Thursday, taking no risks on the last stage to Lima and finishing with a 46-minute lead, while Australian Toby Price took the motorcycle crown.
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Lightning Electric motorcycles is set to go mass market with the Strike - Roadshow
Lightning is best known for its crazy-fast superbike, but an electric bike for the people might make it a household name.
CNET. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Irving Police Motorcycle Crash Not a Hit-and-Run
The northbound lanes of Texas 161 are open again in Irving after two motorcycle police officers crashed, apparently into each other. Photo Credit: Irving Police Department This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. ...
NBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Irving Motorcycle Cops Hurt in Hit-and-Run; NB TX161 Closed
The northbound lanes of Texas 161 are closed south of Texas 183 after two Irving police officers were hit by a vehicle Tuesday morning. Photo Credit: Irving Police Department This story uses functionality that may not work in our app. ...
NBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- CES highlights the next innovations
CNET's Tim Stevens takes us on a tour of CES 2019, where futuristic innovations include self-riding motorcycles and walking cars.
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Mongols motorcycle gang to lose trademarked logo, jury decides
In a first-of-its-kind verdict Friday, a California jury ruled the Mongols motorcycle gang should be stripped of its trademarked logo.
Fox News. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- California Jury Agrees To Strip Trademarked Logo From Mongols Biker Club
The motorcycle club, whose members have a history of violence and drug dealing, considers its trademarked logo central to its identity. Federal prosecutors say the logo is linked to criminality.
NPR. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: 'Baby Shark' hits the Top 40
Plus, Harley Davidson unveils its first electric motorcycle and a machine that folds your clothes.
ABC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Harley-Davidson unveils $30,000 'twist-and-go' electric motorcycle that hits 120 miles per hour
Harley-Davison showed off its first ever electric motorcycle at CES 2019 in Las Vegas. Pre-orders for the $29, 799 vehicle are now open in the US, and it should begin shipping by fall 2019.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- CES 2019: BMW's self-riding motorcycle is packed with near-future tech - Roadshow
BMW isn't going to make self-riding motorcycles like this for the public, but the tech behind it could show up in a GS near you sooner than you'd think.
CNET. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Motorcycle group mourns alleged flu death of well-known member
A tight-knit motorcycle community in California is mourning the sudden death of a 38-year-old member who died suddenly this weekend after allegedly coming down with the flu.
Fox News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Harley-Davidson's First Electric Motorcycle Arrives in August for $30K
The LiveWire is fast and highly connected, but range might be an issue.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries