This Monument news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about monuments from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- This project could come to the Main Line. Is it a monument or a billboard?
"That intersection is incredibly dangerous as it is," one resident said of the Route 252-Lancaster Avenue junction where an electronic billboard has been proposed.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Anzacs honoured on Isle of Man's stamps
As the revamped Anzac memorial in Sydney's Hyde Park opens, the sacred monument is being commemorated on the other side of the world, on a tiny island ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Hurricane Michael: 'World's biggest peanut' cracked by fierce winds
A city in Georgia launches a fundraising campaign to restore the monument damaged by Hurricane Michael.
BBC News. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
Natural stone monument
- Monumental Controversy: Moscow's Latest Statue
A new statue of the late Uzbek president, Islam Karimov, was unveiled in Moscow on October 18 -- amid a petition drive to have it immediately pulled down.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- British Army Revives Monuments Men to Salvage Art in War-Torn Countries
The 15-person squad, formed to combat loss of cultural heritage in the Middle East, will specialize in art crime, engineering and archaeology
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- From Obscurity, Hilma af Klint Is Finally Being Recognized as a Pioneer of Abstract Art
Before the modernists, the Swedish painter's monumental canvases featured free-wheeling swirls, mysterious symbols, pastel palette
Smithsonian. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- City officials furious that someone stuck googly eyes on statue of Revolutionary War hero
Officials in Savannah, Georgia, are looking for the person who placed googly eyes on a historic monument. The eyes were put on a statue of Nathanael Greene sitting in Johnson Square.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Search for 'googly eye bandit' after monument vandalised
It may look funny, but it's a crime - that was the message from officials in the US city of Savannah.
Sky News. Sunday, 14 Oct 2018.
- Ga. monument honoring Revolutionary War major general defaced with googly eyes
"It may look funny but harming our historic monuments and public property is no laughing matter. In fact, it's a crime," the city said.
ABC News. Saturday, 13 Oct 2018.
- Someone put googly eyes on a Georgia
A Georgia city is searching for a vandal who put googly eyes on a historic monument.
Fox News. Saturday, 13 Oct 2018.
- Spotify: Albums are alive and kicking in the streaming age
As the UK's celebrates National Album Day, Spotify says albums "can still be absolutely monumental".
BBC News. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- FBI investigates fatal shooting in NE Arizona
The FBI is investigating a shooting that left a man dead at a national monument in northeastern Arizona.
Fox News. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Columbus Day Is A Monument To White Supremacy
I come from Laguna Pueblo and the Yuma Nation, and even in my small
Yahoo. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Monuments to remember dead and missing in quake-ravaged Indonesia
Monuments and parks will be built over parts of Indonesia's Palu as a solemn tribute to the thousands buried in a quake-tsunami whose corpses will never be found, officials said Monday. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Thailand's cave boys enjoy kickabout at iconic River Plate stadium
Twelve Thai boys and their football coach, who were dramatically rescued from a flooded cave in July, enjoyed a high-profile kickabout on Sunday, playing a game at River Plate's iconic Monumental stadium.
Reuters. Sunday, 7 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries