This Midwife news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about midwife and midwives news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Baby heart monitor training made mandatory in Scotland
Regular instruction will be compulsory for obstetricians and midwives after a campaign by bereaved parents.
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Shropshire midwives' misconduct charges proved
The workers appeared before the the Nursing and Midwifery Council after a baby died in 2015.
BBC News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Where Doulas Calm Nerves and Bridge Cultures During Childbirth
In Sweden, midwives deliver babies. But doula culture interpreters act as bridges between midwives and immigrant women.
New York Times. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Sepsis death storylines in Call The Midwife and other shows resulted in 20,000 calls to BBC helpline
More than 5,000 Call the Midwife viewers contacted a BBC helpline in March. The figures emerged after Melissa Mead was given an MBE for raising awareness on behalf of the UK Sepsis Trust.
Daily Mail. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- Viewers are left 'drowning' in tears at Call the Midwife Christmas special
The return of Nurse Trixie (Helen George) to Poplar should have been a happy affair but viewers were left in tears after she was handed the cardigan of Barbara, who died at the end of last series.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- Montenegro Midwife Faces Jail for Feeding Stray Dogs
A Montenegrin animal rights activist faces jail as she has no money to pay a fine for feeding the stray dogs she has been taking care of over the past 20 years. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- For-profit health company to shut down midwifery practices
DENVER (AP) - Two Denver-area midwifery practices are closing their doors. The Colorado Sun reports Rose Midwifery in Denver and Colorado Nurse Midwives in Aurora will close Jan. 31. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Man who murdered midwife Samantha Eastwood gets life
The man who murdered midwife Samantha Eastwood has been sentenced to life in prison.
Sky News. Monday, 3 Dec 2018.
- Rethinking Bed Rest For Pregnancy
Research indicates bed rest does not improve birth outcomes and can be risky for the mom. So why is it still prescribed by many doctors and midwives for about 20 percent of pregnant women in the U.S.?
NPR. Monday, 26 Nov 2018.
- Midwife training nurse she helped deliver 20 years ago
A midwife was stunned to discover she is training a new student nurse who she delivered at the hospital where they now work 20 years ago.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Some turning to midwives to help with childbirth
In the U.S., most child births take place in hospitals, with physicians, mainly obstetricians, taking part in the delivery. In fact, based on the latest figures from 2012, 98% of all births took place with a doctor there. ...
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Man admits murdering midwife after affair
A man has admitted murdering midwife Samantha Eastwood after a "longstanding" affair.
Sky News. Monday, 22 Oct 2018.
- Nigerian midwife killed by militants is mourned, Red Cross says it refused to pay ransom
The family and colleagues of a Nigerian aid worker who was killed by her Islamist militant kidnappers mourned her death on Tuesday as the Red Cross said it had refused to pay a ransom for her release.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- ISIS Responsible For Killing Three In Attack On Midwife Center In Afghanistan
All NGOs and government agencies are at risk
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 31 Jul 2018.
- Extremists Kill 2 at Afghan School for Midwives, but Students Escape
Security forces battled insurgents at a midwifery school in Jalalabad, and two attackers died. Three female students were wounded.
New York Times. Saturday, 28 Jul 2018.
Expectant mother and her midwife
Related Directory Page(s)
Midwives News Headlines and News Summaries