This Mental Health news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How woman, 22, banished her acne in less than a year with the help of three products
Elizabeth Claire, 22, an Instagrammer from Sydney, has revealed that dealing with her skin has taken a toll on her mental health but she has managed to turn her life around in less than a year.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- The Connection Between Autism and Mental Health
Hilary K. explains that autism is not a mental illness, but how autistic people are treated has a substantial impact on their mental health.
Yahoo. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- How Happy People Get The Balance Right
How to get the right balance so we embrace the challenge and unleash our full potential while keeping high standards of mental health and life satisfaction? Happy people got it right. Find here their best tips!
Forbes. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Dating apps: What are they doing to our mental health?
Will's a serial swiper, Alvin's 'addicted' and Meggy's giving up. Do we know how dating apps affect us?
BBC News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Electroconvulsive therapy being used on teens in NHS trusts
Thousands of patients with mental health issues, including teenagers, are being given electroconvulsive therapy despite links to brain damage.
Sky News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Mental health books outsell diet and exercise books at Barnes & Noble
In a shift, American readers have become more interested in books about mental health than about diet and exercise, according to data released by bookstore chain Barnes & Noble. ...
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- How missing doctor's appointments increases the risk of death
Missing GP appointments is associated with early death, and those with long-term mental health conditions are at particular risk. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- To get their children mental health assistance, parents are forced to give up custody
Advocates blame decades of inadequate health care funding.
ABC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Concerns over missed doctors' appointments
New research finds people with long-term mental health conditions who miss medical appointments are eight times more likely to die early.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Dr. Lewis L. Judd, Advocate of Brain Science, Dies at 88
At the National Institute of Mental Health, he helped put in place an ambitious research agenda focused on biology as the key to understanding psychiatric problems.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- NHS is 'failing' young mental health patients
Charities estimate that more than a million children and teenagers across the UK have a diagnosable mental health condition.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Two-thirds of stroke survivors are in exceptionally good mental health
Two-thirds of stroke survivors are in complete mental health despite the impact of their stroke, according to a large, nationally representative Canadian study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- The Secret to Making New Year's Resolutions Stick
Instead of dreading the grandiose goals usually made on New Year's, focus more on mental health. Marissa highlights some of her favorite self care tools that you can start using today (without having to go to the gym)!
Forbes. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Even `non-problem' drinking by parents tied to mental health problems in kids
(Reuters Health) - Kids may be more likely to develop depression and anxiety when their parents are regular drinkers, even when neither parent drinks enough to be considered an alcoholic, a Norwegian study suggests.
Reuters. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Nicer People Are More Prone to This Mental Health Disorder
We're all encouraged to be nice, but it turns out this positive quality has a downside.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
Mental health concept illustration
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries