This Medical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about medical news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is the UK the world's biggest exporter of legal cannabis?
The families of two children are seeking medical cannabis to help stop their seizures.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- Brisbane rapists sexually assaulted a medical student
Ryan George and Jack Turner Winship will be sentenced on Wednesday after being found guilty of raping a medical centre who was found covered in blood after being lured into a Brisbane laneway.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
- Red Cross: Over 2,000 attacks on health care in conflict
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - Over 1,200 violent incidents against hospitals and medical personnel have taken place in 16 countries in the two years since the U.N. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
Medical surgery team
- Babies in the NICU receive tiny, custom knit hats
In the NICU at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, adorable tiny hats are waiting for some very special babies.
Fox News. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- NYC Health & Hospitals seeks $11.5M from UnitedHealthcare in denied medical claims
NYC Health & Hospitals and UnitedHealthcare are heading to arbitration over $11.5 million in denied inpatient medical claims. Most were for emergency care for patients covered by UnitedHealthcare's Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Businessman who sold diseased human body parts gets nine years in prison
DETROIT (Reuters) - A Detroit businessman who sold and leased human body parts was sentenced to nine years in prison Tuesday for selling diseased remains to medical educators.
Reuters. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Medical examiner releases CDC doctor Timothy Cunningham's official cause of death
The death of a CDC employee whose body was found in an Atlanta river last
Yahoo. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Hitler's Teeth Confirm He Died in 1945
The first examination of Hitler's teeth permitted in 70 years shows the complicated dental work matches the Fuhrer's medical records
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Want to See Your Baby? In China, It Can Cost You
A hospital demanded that a woman pay her bills before she could see her newborn twins, illustrating a plight that many face in the Chinese medical system.
New York Times. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Activists Secure Marijuana Legalization Measure on Michigan's Ballot This November
A decade ago Michigan voters overwhelmingly approved medical marijuana and appear poised to do the same for recreational marijuana.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Lorde covers her face with a medical mask at LAX Airport
Singer-songwriter Lorde, 21, covers her face with a trucker cap and medical mask, as she arrives at LAX Airport on Monday.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- GAO calls on CMS to continue prior authorization experiments
The Government Accountability Office urged the CMS to continue several experiments that require providers and medical equipment suppliers to prove they are meeting certain standards before being paid, as that could save the agency billions.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- All Clear at UT Southwestern After Shooting Threat
Police at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center have evacuated a building on campus due to the threat of an active shooting. Photo Credit: Frank Heinz.
NBC. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Getting Accepted Into A Direct Medical Program From High School: It Can Be Done!
A direct medical program, often called BS/MD, BA/MD, or BS/DO, guarantees undergraduate enrollees admission to medical school. These competitive programs often take fewer than 20 applicants per year. ...
Forbes. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Adding chiropractic to back pain care may reduce disability
(Reuters Health) - Adding chiropractic care to standard medical care for low back pain may help reduce discomfort and disability, a U.S. study suggests.
Reuters. Monday, 21 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries