This Meat news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about meat and meats news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pork patties sold at Kroger, Walmart and other stores may contain rubber
Wisconsin sausage producer shipped more than 48,000 pounds of possibly tainted meat to retailers nationwide
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
A hamburger a week, but no more - that's about as much red meat people should eat to do what's best for their health and the planet, according to a report seeking to overhaul the world's diet.
Newsmax. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- France holds trial over horse meat found in frozen lasagna
PARIS (AP) - Four people are going on trial in Paris over an elaborate alleged scheme that fed consumers across Europe frozen foods containing cheap horse meat fraudulently labeled as pricier beef. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Billionaire tucks into 20,000-calorie burger despite funding study calling for meat consumption cut
Billionaire Petter Stordalen, 56, shared a photo showing him tucking into a huge 20,000-calorie burger in Las Vegas despite funding a study calling for a cut in meat consumption.
Daily Mail. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Drought, animal disease threaten South African farmers
South African grain and red meat farmers are bracing for hard times after dry weather conditions and an outbreak of the highly contagious foot and mouth disease suspended meat exports, officials said on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Recalls of hazardous meat and poultry up 83 percent, report finds
"Something is rotten in our slaughterhouses and our fields"
CBS News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Glamorous billionaire dubbed a hypocrite
Gunhild Stordalen, who funds a campaign to save the planet by drastically cutting meat consumption, has been slammed by critics who point out her globetrotting adventures increase air traffic pollution
Daily Mail. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Scientists reveal 'ideal diet' for peoples' and planet's health
Scientists have unveiled what they say is an ideal diet for the health of the planet and its populations - including a doubling of consumption of nuts, fruits, vegetables and legumes, and a halving of meat and sugar intake.
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- New Diet Guidelines to Benefit People and the Planet: More Greens for All, Less Meat for Some
A report in the medical journal The Lancet recommends cutting food waste and consumption of red meat, especially among people who eat a lot of it.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Diet to save the planet: One bite of sausage a day
Meat consumption needs to be reduced to just 7g a day in order to save the planet and reduce premature deaths, according to experts.
Sky News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Cut down on red meat to save the planet
There needs to be a drastic reduction in meat eating in order to protect the planet for future generations, according to a report from a panel of experts.
Sky News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- 1 survivor from 16 aboard after cargo plane crashes in Iran
A decades-old Iranian Boeing 707 military cargo plane reportedly carrying meat from Kyrgyzstan crashed while trying to land west of Iran's capital, killing 15 people aboard and leaving one survivor, authorities say.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Government Shutdown Curtails F.D.A. Food Inspections
While the Agriculture Department continues to inspect domestic meat and poultry, the F.D.A. has reduced inspections of fruits, vegetables and other foods.
New York Times. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Impossible Burger 2.0 tasted so real it made this vegetarian's stomach turn - CNET
Commentary: I haven't eaten beef in a decade, and Impossible Foods' new fake meat at CES comes close enough to cow to gross me out. That's actually a compliment, I think.
CNET. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Meat-Free 'Impossible Burger 2.0' Tastes Even Closer to the Real Deal
It can also now be used as a main ingredient replacement in any ground meat dish.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
Fresh meat ready for the grill
Related Directory Page(s)
Meats News Headlines and News Summaries