This Manufacturing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about manufacturing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump Crows Over Manufacturing Jobs
President Donald Trump on Monday congratulated himself after the American manufacturing industry added 284,000 jobs in 2018.
Newsmax. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Industrial Production Rose 0.3 Percent in December
U.S. industrial production increased 0.3 percent in December, led by the biggest surge in manufacturing in ten months.
Newsmax. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Additive manufacturing reflects fundamental metallurgical principles to create materials
Engineers have been taking a novel approach to the development of engineering components produced using additive manufacturing.
Science Daily. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- TSMC offers gloomy revenue forecast, slams chipmaker shares
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) cut full-year investment and forecast its sharpest quarterly revenue fall in a decade, joining a string of tech companies warning of a slowdown in global smartphone demand.
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Welding process for manufacturing industries
New research will optimize the welding, additive and manufacturing process.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- ArunA Bio Appoints Dr. Mark Sirgo as Chief Executive Officer
ATHENS, Ga. - ArunA Bio announced the appointment of Mark Sirgo as CEO. Dr. Steven Stice will continue to lead the company's research and manufacturing operations.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Volkswagen to build electric vehicles at Tennessee plant
German automaker Volkswagen says its Tennessee factory will be the focus of an $800 million investment in the company's manufacturing of electric vehicles in North America
ABC News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Toyota executive: Tariffs will raise costs, drive up prices
Toyota's new head of manufacturing in North America says tariffs imposed or planned by the Trump administration will raise prices on vehicles built in the United States
ABC News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- AMD shows off 7nm next-gen chips at CES, aims at Intel and Nvidia
(In Jan. 9 item, corrects paragraphs 5 and 6 to reflect that AMD no longer performs its own manufacturing)
Reuters. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- UK economy hit by 'steep decline' in manufacturing
British manufacturing has witnessed a "steep decline" contributing to a continued economic slowdown, official figures show.
Sky News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- UK economic growth hits six-month low, manufacturing slides
Britain's economy cooled in the three months to November, expanding at its weakest pace in six months as factories suffered from tough global trade conditions ahead of Brexit, official data showed on Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Akorn receives warning letter from FDA
The Food and Drug Administration found an Akorn facility violated current good manufacturing practice regulations. The drugmaker's stock has taken a hit due to the warning letter.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- US-Mexico border wall row: Trump v Democrats
The US president wants money to tackle illegal migration, but Democrats say he is 'manufacturing a crisis'.
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Furniture maker plans to open plant in North Carolina
HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - The governor of North Carolina says a furniture maker plans to open a manufacturing facility in the state, creating around 200 jobs over five years. Citing a statement from Gov. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Pollution Got Worse in 2018 Thanks to Two Overlooked Sectors
A pair of often-overlooked sectors posted the largest rises in carbon dioxide pollution in the U.S. in 2018. Emissions generated by industrial manufacturing jumped 5.7 percent, according to research firm Rhodium Group. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
Manufacturing assembly line
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries