This Mammography news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about mammography and mammogram news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Novel technique may significantly reduce breast biopsies
A novel technique that uses mammography to determine the biological tissue composition of a tumor could help reduce unnecessary breast biopsies, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018.
- Women with dense breasts should start regular scans from age of 30 not 50
The new report, based on more than five million mammograms across the US, found cancer was spotted just as much among high-risk women in their 30s as average-risk women in their 40s.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- Women benefit from mammography screening beyond age 75
Women age 75 years and older should continue to get screening mammograms because of the comparatively high incidence of breast cancer found in this age group, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- No More Confusing Debate: Study Proves Mammograms Save Lives
Women confused by the conflicting advice surrounding the benefits and timing of mammograms will be interested in a new study out of Sweden.
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Nov 2018.
- MIT AI Breast Cancer Model Said as Reliable as Radiologists
An MIT artificial intelligence model is said to be as reliable as a radiologist in assessing dense breast tissue in mammograms, a study published Tuesday in the journal Radiology revealed.
Newsmax. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Lyft giving free rides to mammograms
PHOENIX, Ariz. (KSAZ) - Only 67% of women 40 and older report having a mammogram within the last two years. A Valley hospital is teaming up with a ride share company so women won't have an excuse not to get to their appointment.
Fox News. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Why Luggage Startup Away's VP Of Culture Decided To Keep Working Through Chemo
Thirty-six-year-old Erin Grau unintentionally discovered a lump in her breast and a mammogram shortly after determined that her worst fear had come true: she had breast cancer.
Forbes. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Google DeepMind Given Access To Mammograms Of 30,000 Women By Japanese Hospital
DeepMind Health is teaming up with a Japanese hospital on a machine learning project that could see AI used to detect breast cancer in mammograms. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
- Parkland Offers Free Mammograms, Breast Education Classes
Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas is offering no-cost mammograms and breast health education through the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- Many women never heard of a 'baseline mammogram'
(Reuters Health) - About half of women who routinely get mammograms haven't heard of the term "baseline mammogram," a recent study suggests.
Reuters. Tuesday, 2 Oct 2018.
- Blood tests to replace mammograms
Blood tests, and 3D mammograms could soon replace 2D mammograms to detect breast cancer as trailblazing Australian research nears a huge breakthrough.
Daily Mail. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- British Health Services Failed To Send Mammogram Notices And Some Women May Have Died
Nearly half a million English women around age 70 did not get notified that they were due for a mammogram because of a "computer algorithm error," the health secretary says.
NPR. Thursday, 3 May 2018.
- Breast screening: Is the NHS programme working?
Across the UK, women aged 50-70 should be automatically asked to have a mammogram every three years.
BBC News. Thursday, 3 May 2018.
- Breast cancer tumours 'larger' in overweight women
Women with a higher body mass index might need more frequent mammograms, researchers suggest.
BBC News. Monday, 20 Nov 2017.
Mammography machine scanning for cancer
Related Directory Page(s)
Mammography Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries