This Literary news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about literary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Bob Woodward to receive PEN America Literary Service Award
PEN America, the nonprofit literary society, will give its annual Literary Service Award to Bob Woodward, the journalist whose work with Carl Bernstein broke the story of the Watergate scandal. ...
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- A girl's murder in Peking and a literary feud
The grisly murder of Pamela Werner sent shockwaves through 1930s Beijing and remains unsolved to this day.
BBC News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Revealed: Mixing with older people can boost a child's language, reading and social skills
United For All Ages, a think-tank campaigning for better links between generations, found that children can benefit from increased literary skills after spending one-on-one time with older people.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- Israeli Author Amos Oz Dies At Age 79
The novelist and literary figure's body of work tracked Israel from its origins in the ashes of the Holocaust to the present.
NPR. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Seven big literary world stories from 2018
Say this for 2018: There wasn't a single slow news day this year. While most of this year's headlines focused on Washington, D.C., there were quite a few notable events in the world of literature as well. ...
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Five Terrifyingly Accurate Personal Brand Lessons From Stephen King
Even literary greats like Stephen King get rejected, face countless hours of revisions and rewrites and spend each day practicing. ...
Forbes. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- So you want to save the planet? Then go wild!: BEL MOONEY selects this year's best books on nature
British literary expert Bel Mooney, picked out a selection of this year's best books on nature including Wilding by Isabella Tree and The Brief Life Of Flowers by Fiona Stafford.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- Viral verse: Poets of Instagram inject new life, fresh voices into poetry genre
Poetry is having a renaissance thanks to a generation of young, accessible writers breathing new life into the literary form via Instagram.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 16 Dec 2018.
- The Historic Place Where Literary, Political Worlds Intersect
A relatively modest, independently owned bookstore in Washington has become a standout on the cultural scene in the U.S. capital. It's called Politics and Prose. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 16 Dec 2018.
- Subtitle piracy: Will it be enforced in Australia?
Roadshow has argued that pirated subtitle files infringe the copyright of literary works of screenplays.
ZDNet. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- Code Switch's 2018 Book Guide
We checked in with authors, poets and great literary minds to see what books they think everyone should read this holiday season.
NPR. Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018.
- Margaret Atwood's daunting task: A look at 6 writers who published sequels decades later
Hollywood can't seem to get enough of sequels, prequels and remakes. But there are markedly fewer attempts by authors of literary classics to revisit their hits decades later. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 2 Dec 2018.
- Ma Jian, Exiled Chinese Novelist, Hails Appearance as Victory for Rights
The temporary cancellation of his appearance at a literary festival had been seen as the latest sign of erosions of freedom in Hong Kong.
New York Times. Saturday, 10 Nov 2018.
- Events canceled, editor expelled: Hong Kong's losing freedom
The cancellation of literary and artistic events and the refusal to allow a Financial Times editor to enter Hong Kong have reignited concern about freedom of expression in the semi-autonomous Chinese territory
ABC News. Saturday, 10 Nov 2018.
- Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, Long-Serving Times Book Critic, Dies at 84
Over three decades he wrote some 4,000 reviews and essays that influenced literary careers and book sales nationally. He later wrote obituaries of authors.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Nov 2018.
Literary dog reading books
Related Directory Page(s)
Literary Agents News Headlines and News Summaries