This Life Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about life insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Happy 100th birthday! Here's why you could end up with surprise taxes
Your centenary is a big day for you, your life insurance provider and the IRS. That's because your insurance company might cash out your policy and leave you with a tax bill. What you need to know.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Oct 2018.
- Can Stronger Premiums Drive Torchmark's (TMK) Q3 Earnings?
Higher premiums at Life Insurance and Health segments plus better investment results might aid Torchmark (TMK) in Q3.
Zacks. Monday, 22 Oct 2018.
- 8 Haunting Horror Movie Gimmicks
From hypnotists to life insurance policies, horror movies have a storied history of gimmickry.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
Life insurance concept
- 4 Ways To Maximize Life Insurance In Retirement Income Planning
Life insurance is fundamental to a secure financial future. While life insurance is often acquired to protect against an early death during working years, many people don't know what to do with their insurance once the retire. ....
Forbes. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Freedom Insurance shares dive as it stops phone sales following scandals
The life insurance seller responsible for some of the most shocking evidence revealed at the banking royal commission halts direct selling of insurance products, as it weighs up its future.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- Wealth Matters: Life Insurance Offering More Incentive to Live Longer
Applying behavioral economics, John Hancock is offering a discount on life insurance and other incentives to customers with healthy lifestyles.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Privacy experts say choosing life insurance tied to fitness tracking could have unintended consequences
Insurance giant John Hancock has announced a switch to 'interactive' life-insurance policies only, which offer incentives for things like wearing a fitness tracking device. ...
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- John Hancock adds fitness tracking to all policies
One of the largest life insurance providers in North America will now sell only "interactive" policies that collect health data.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
- John Hancock turns the 156-year old life insurance business on its head
John Hancock is no longer selling traditional life insurance policies. ...
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Sep 2018.
- Strap on the Fitbit: John Hancock to sell only interactive life insurance
John Hancock, one of the oldest and largest North American life insurers, will stop underwriting traditional life insurance and instead sell only interactive policies that track fitness and ...
Reuters. Wednesday, 19 Sep 2018.
- AMP admits to charging thousands of dead customers for life insurance
AMP charged more than 4,600 dead superannuation customers for life insurance. The bank collected $1.3 million in fees from people they had been informed had died.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018.
- AMP charges dead customers for life insurance
At the banking royal commission, AMP has admitted that it continues to deduct life insurance premiums from deceased customers' superannuation, with at least $1.3 million owed in refunds.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 17 Sep 2018.
- New York Life Insurance Brings New Innovations To Long-Term Care Insurance Market
Long term care funding issues are shaping up to be a huge risk for retirees. Despite the need for funding options, new product developments have been almost non-existent. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 Sep 2018.
- Issues with direct sales of life insurance
PEOPLE SOLD LIFE INSURANCE THEY DON'T WANT OR CAN'T AFFORDWHAT IS DIRECT LIFE INSURANCE?* Life insurance sold directly to consumers, not by advisers ...
Daily Mail. Thursday, 30 Aug 2018.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company Offers New Specialized Service for Death Claim Beneficiaries
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. - Beneficiaries of annuity policies often face a myriad of complex financial decisions. ... ...
Business Wire. Monday, 27 Aug 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries