This Lawn news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about lawns from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man arrested in disappearance of woman, 65, missing from Woodlawn since May
Chicago police say a man has been arrested in the disappearance of a 65-year-old woman missing from Woodlawn for nearly six months.
ABC News. Saturday, 20 Oct 2018.
- Wimbledon to introduce final-set tiebreaks
Those six-hour Wimbledon marathons will be a thing of the past beginning next year as the All-England Lawn Tennis Club introduces a final-set tiebreak.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Wimbledon brings in final set tiebreak
Wimbledon will introduce a final set tiebreak starting from next year's Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), organizers said on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Wimbledon: Final set tie-breaks to be introduced in 2019
The All England Lawn Tennis Club announces that final set tie-breaks will be introduced at Wimbledon from next year.
BBC News. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Wimbledon to begin final-set tiebreaker in '19
Wimbledon will introduce final set tie-breaks from next year, the All England Lawn Tennis Club has announced.
ESPN. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Lancaster Residents Frustrated Over Sewage Overflow
Some residents in Lancaster say recent heavy rain fall has caused their sewer lines to back up, dumping sewage on their lawns and in some cases into their homes. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Comancheros gang's $230,000 gravesite sits next to war memorial for soldiers
A $230,000 memorial for dead Comanchero bikies sits at Palmdale Lawn Cemetery and Memorial Park on the New South Wales Central Coast.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Oct 2018.
- Man loses leg after 'trying to kill son with chainsaw'
A US man who allegedly tried to kill his son with a chainsaw has had his leg amputated after being run over by a lawnmower.
Sky News. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Woman who claims neighbours' 60ft evergreen trees BLOCK sunlight and RUIN her TV signal
A woman from Renfrewshire, who furiously tried to get her neighbours to chop down their trees after claiming it ruined her TV signal and lawn has lost after a 14-year heated dispute.
Daily Mail. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael evacuee spots uncle's H-E-L-P message on satellite map
Amber Gee used the NOAA interactive satellite map and spotted a H-E-L-P message spelled out in logs by her uncle on the lawn of her grandmother's home.
ABC News. Sunday, 14 Oct 2018.
- Racist literature left on Cherry Hill lawns
The mayor and the local head of the NAACP condemned the literature supporting the Ku Klux Klan.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Sunday, 14 Oct 2018.
- Tennessee man loses leg after his son ran him over with a lawn mower when he attacked him with a chainsaw
Douglas Ferguson, who police say was run over with a lawn mower while trying to kill his son with a chainsaw, has had to have his leg amputated.
Fox News. Saturday, 13 Oct 2018.
- Justice camp protesters appeal decision which ordered them off province's lawn
Members of the Justice for Our Stolen Children camp have appealed a court decision which ordered them out of Wascana Centre in Regina.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Trump says he doesn't like what the Fed is doing, central bank is going too fast in raising rates
"I think we don't have to go as fast," the president answered to a question about the Fed raising rates by CNBC from the south lawn of the White House.
CNBC. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Take a Number: Amputations and Lacerations: Your Front Lawn Is a Jungle
As lawn-mowing season ends, scientists are toting up the injuries from recent years.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Lawn Services News Headlines and News Summaries