This Law Enforcement news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about law enforcement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Accused serial rapist claims victim had misperceptions
Most sexual assault cases are never reported to police and of those that are, less than 20 percent are actually prosecuted according to law enforcement data.
ABC News. Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018.
- Street safety becomes focus after deadly Toronto van rampage
The suspect in the deadly van rampage in Toronto is facing 10 counts of murder. But law enforcement officials have been warning of vehicle attacks for years, and some cities have been working to increase security. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Toronto van rampage highlights importance of street safety
Law enforcement officials have been warning about vehicle attacks for years
CBS News. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
Badge and handcuffs
- Parkland kid draws fire for shooting AR-15 at gun range
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) - A Marjory Stoneman Douglas student alleges he was aggressively questioned by school administrators and local law enforcement after posting on social media that he fired an assault weapon at a gun range with his dad. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Police Used a Taser on an American Airlines Passenger Accused of Touching a Woman Without Her Permission
Jacob Garcia became "combative" with law enforcement, according to the airline
Yahoo. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Waffle House Suspect Apprehended
About 160 law enforcement officials had been involved in the search for Travis Reinking, 29, who officials said used an AR-15 rifle to carry out a deadly shooting in Nashville on Sunday morning.
New York Times. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- Nashville Police Say Waffle House Shooting Suspect Is In Custody
In Nashville, authorities have arrested the gunman they say killed four people at a Waffle House on Sunday. The suspect had been known to law enforcement and questions are swirling about why he had access to guns.
NPR. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- President Donald Trump poses up with law enforcement officers in front of Air Force One
President Trump, never one to be knowingly outshone by his wife Melania Trump , took virtually identical pictures as they posted with law enforcement officers but in different locations.
Daily Mail. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- Neo-Nazi Rally Draws About Two Dozen People and Upends a Small Georgia City
The rally, which was held outside of Atlanta, was monitored by more than 700 law enforcement officers from 42 agencies.
New York Times. Sunday, 22 Apr 2018.
- Neo-Nazi rally near Atlanta remains mostly peaceful, officials say
A neo-Nazi rally near Atlanta on Saturday resulted in about 10 arrests, as some 700 law enforcement officers were on duty in a bid to maintain order, reports said.
Fox News. Sunday, 22 Apr 2018.
- 2 deputies killed in line of duty in Florida were 'best of the best,' sheriff says
Two sheriff's deputies were shot and killed in the line of duty inside a Florida restaurant on Thursday afternoon, according to law enforcement officials.
ABC News. Friday, 20 Apr 2018.
- Woman accused of driving to CIA headquarters with loaded gun
Law enforcement says a woman who drove to the entrance of the CIA headquarters in Virginia wearing a wig had a loaded gun, a passport and $100,000 in cash.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- Ikea app TaskRabbit reveals security breach
TaskRabbit says it is working with law enforcement, and its website is offline.
BBC News. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
- Tech Firms to Be Forced to Give Police Overseas Data Under EU Proposal
Technology companies such as Google, Microsoft and Facebook will be forced to hand over users' data to European law enforcement officials even when it is stored on servers outside the bloc, under a law proposed by the EU on Tuesday. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018.
- Steve Hilton: Will Comey be held accountable for his behavior? Law enforcement cannot be above the law
The serious question, and one that goes to the heart of our confidence in law enforcement in this country, is whether James Comey is guilty of federal crimes.
Fox News. Sunday, 15 Apr 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Law Enforcement News Headlines and News Summaries