This Japanese news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about japanese and japan news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hotel fires half its robot staff for sucking at their jobs - CNET
Bye bye, bots. Henn na Hotel in Japan laid off droids that annoyed customers by failing to perform simple tasks.
CNET. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Japan has started process of importing Iranian oil, according to Tehran
Japan has started the process of importing Iranian oil, which was suspended due to U.S. sanctions, the governor of Iran's central bank said on Monday.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Ghosn may have had questionable ethics, co-chair of external Nissan probe says
The co-chair of a committee set up by Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co to examine the root cause of alleged financial misconduct by ousted chairman Carlos Ghosn said he believed Ghosn may have had questionable ethical standards.
Reuters. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Carlos Ghosn Offers Higher Bail and Security Guards in Bid to Be Freed From Jail
Mr. Ghosn is offering to personally pay for an apartment along with private security guards as he fights Japanese charges of financial misconduct.
New York Times. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- A Japanese hotel is going to swap robots for humans
A hotel chain in Tokyo is trying to be the first run by robots, albeit with a few malfunctions along the way, according to a new report.
Fox News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- World's oldest man dies aged 113
The world's oldest man has died at his home in northern Japan at the age of 113, his family has said.
Sky News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Danish firm Orsted signs agreement to work on offshore wind projects in Japan
The offshore wind market in Japan is said to be "gaining momentum", according to Orsted.
CNBC. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Graffiti spotted in Tokyo could be Banksy artwork - maybe
Japanese officials are trying to work out whether the famous British street artist has paid a visit.
BBC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Toyota Supra: The history of the Japanese sports car legend - Roadshow
The Toyota Supra's story so far before it finally returns.
CNET. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Hitachi to Cease Work on Nuclear Power Plant in North Wales
The company said it could not come to financial terms for the nearly $20 billion endeavor with the British and Japanese governments.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Watch Japan Launch a Meteor-Shower-Making Mini-Satellite and More Tonight!
A Japanese Epsilon rocket will launch a suite of seven experimental satellites this evening (Jan. 17), including one little cubesat that will test out creating artificial meteors. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Warmer winter hits Q1 profits at Fast Retailing
Tumbling sales at Uniqlo Japan have impacted first-quarter profits at parent company Fast Retailing.
Just Style. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Volcano erupts in southern Japan, no evacuation warning
A volcano erupted on a remote island in southern Japan on Thursday, the meteorological agency said, but the warning level was kept below the scale requiring evacuation.
Reuters. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- What to Know About the 2020 Toyota Supra
It's the return of the almighty Supra, but this Japanese car has a German flair.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Why a 1,200-year-old calligraphy piece angered China
News the prized Tang dynasty work is being sent from Taiwan to Japan triggered outrage across China.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
Japanese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries