This Japanese news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about japanese and japan news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Japan, EU to sign widespread trade eliminating tariffs
TOKYO (AP) - The European Union and Japan are signing a widespread trade deal that will eliminate nearly all tariffs, seemingly defying the worries ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 17 Jul 2018.
- Native American Casinos Eye Japan, Ignore Chief Wahoo At Home
Distinctive ethnic groups in some Japanese regional markets make Native American casino operators natural integrated resort partners. But their real edge may be a matter of style.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- In Japan's flood-ravaged Mabi, delays and lack of awareness magnified death toll
When Isao Akutagawa moved to the sleepy riverside town of Mabi in western Japan 45 years ago, it seemed like the perfect suburb to raise his children.
Reuters. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- For Asia's soccer teams to succeed, work starts off the field
Culture is "one of the biggest determining factors" for nations looking to improve their international standing, said Tom Byer, an American soccer expert, who has coached youth teams in Japan for the past two decades.
CNBC. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- How China trade battle is different from 1990s Japan conflict
Superficial similarities abound between the latest trade war with China and earlier, mostly failed campaigns against Japan. But striking differences also suggest Trump's gambit might have better leverage.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- EFF blasts Japan over piracy website blocking proposal
Japan should not introduce piracy website blocking laws in response to copyright infringement, EFF has said, because such a restriction doesn't work, violates freedom of expression, and 'breaks the internet'.
ZDNet. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Study claims Japanese knotweed is no more dangerous than buddleia and foodies say EAT the menace
Seemingly indestructible, spreading like plague and able to burrow into the foundations of buildings, the plant is widely regarded as the horticultural equivalent of a virulent cancer. Or is it?
Daily Mail. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Japan struggles to restore water to flood-hit towns
Municipal workers in western Japan struggled on Friday to restore water supplies a week after floods caused by a record downpour killed more than 200 people in the worst such disaster in 36 years.
Reuters. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- At least 200 dead, thousands still sheltering after Japan floods
Power, water outages rampant, damage to roads and railways disrupting deliveries of relief supplies
CBS News. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- Japanese nurse suspected of poisoning elderly patients to death
Woman, 31, has told police she may have poisoned about 20 people to have them die when she was off duty
CBS News. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- Walmart reportedly wants to sell Japanese supermarket chain Seiyu
U.S. retailer Walmart is looking to sell Japanese supermarket chain Seiyu for 300 billion to 500 billion yen ($2.7 billion to $4.5 billion), reported Nikkei business daily.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Jul 2018.
- Navy destroyer dedicated to John McCain was involved in fatal accident in Pacific
YOKOSUKA, Japan — The head of the U.S. Navy on Thursday dedicated one of two destroyers involved in fatal accidents in the Pacific last year to Sen. John McCain. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- Nurse accused of tampering with drips at hospital, killing dozens of people
A Japanese nurse is accused of tampering with the medical devices of dozens of near-death patients in order to kill them while she was off duty -- all so she could avoid delivering the news to the patients' grieving families.
Fox News. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- Giant, recently extinct seabird also inhabited Japan
Fossils discovered in Japan show that an extinct seabird called the spectacled cormorant, that was originally thought to be restricted to Bering Island, also resided in Japan nearly 120,000 years ago; indicating that the bird was a relict.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
- American Chef Brings Tantalizing Japanese Food to Westport, CT, at OKO
After his success with an American restaurant named Cottage in Westport, CT, Brian Lewis has created a highly innovative Japanese menu at OKO across town.
Forbes. Wednesday, 11 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Japanese Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries