This Italian news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about italian and italy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- France, Germany and Italy will have the biggest economic slowdowns - IMF warns
In a series of shock downgrades, the IMF warned that their economic growth would shrink by 0.3 per cent this year and Italy and France would see their growth fall even further by 2019.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 17 Jul 2018.
- Chiara Ferragni is 'body-shamed' by an Italian newspaper
Italian influencer Chiara Ferragni's friends were labelled 'round' by Corriere della Sera in pictures from her hen party in Ibiza shared with her followers and has since called the publication 'disgusting'.
Daily Mail. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- The Latest: Captain says Italy, Malta aim to hide sea deaths
The Latest on Europe's response to mass migration (all times local): 7:10 p.m.
Fox News. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
Italian town square
- Visiting Italy This Summer? Why You Should Make A Beeline To Bologna
Headed to Italy? Bologna in the Emilia Romagna region offers an abundance of art, history and culture---with fewer hassles than other large cities.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Several European countries agree to take about 400 migrants who are now in Sicily
About 400 migrants aboard two border patrol ships disembark in a Sicilian port after a half-dozen European countries promise to take some of them in rather than leave Italy alone to process their asylum claims.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Italy By The (Wine) Glass: Alicante From Tuscany
Mediterraneanly anyway, Alicante and its clan have been around forever, an indomitable presence in southern Europe and North Africa.
Forbes. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
Permission was given after five other EU countries said they would accept some of those on the ship.
BBC News. Monday, 16 Jul 2018.
- Italy to take some migrants after EU countries offer to help
Italy will allow some migrants to disembark in Sicily from two ships which picked up 450 asylum seekers from an overcrowded boat, Italy's Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said on Sunday on TV channel RaiNews24.
Reuters. Sunday, 15 Jul 2018.
- Pompeii excavation project reveals secrets on life before volcanic eruption
Nearly 2,000 years after a volcanic eruption buried the Italian city of Pompeii, ancient secrets are still being revealed. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 15 Jul 2018.
- Italy says France, Malta agreed to host some rescued migrants
France and Malta have agreed to host 50 people each, responding to a request for help sent by Italy after it took part in the rescue of 450 migrants from an overcrowded ship in the Mediterranean, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said.
Reuters. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
- Italy and Malta row over migrants saved from Med
More than 450 migrants have been rescued from the Mediterranean - sparking a row between Italy and Malta over who is responsible for them.
Sky News. Saturday, 14 Jul 2018.
- Salvini: It Will Take 50 Years To Expel 500,000 Illegal Migrants From Italy
'I have to do everything I can to protect the people who live in this country'
Daily Caller. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- World Cup 2018: When England played off for third place at the Italia '90 World Cup
BBC Sport looks back at the last time England played in the World Cup third/fourth-place playoff match in 1990, when they faced hosts Italy in an incident-packed encounter.
BBC News. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- The Latest: Italy demands Malta rescue 450 migrants at sea
The Latest on the migrant crisis in Europe (all times local): 5:50 p.m. Italy is insisting Malta must rescue 450 migrants at sea and give them safe harbor.
Fox News. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
- Italy's president irks interior minister by allowing 67 migrants to disembark
President Sergio Mattarella has made a rare intervention in Italian politics to end a dispute within the ruling coalition over a migrant boat, angering right-wing Interior Minister Matteo Salvini.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 13 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Italian Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries