This Internet news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about internet news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- French watchdog slaps Google with $57M fine under new EU law
Internet giant punished for violating European privacy rules aimed at protecting consumer data
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- More than 175,000 retail jobs will be cut from the High Street this year
A slump in the value of retail property is expected to see 23,395 shops shut as customers shun town centres in favour of internet shopping, according to property experts.
Daily Mail. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Big telcos hike internet prices amid soaring demand, revenues
Telus, Bell and Shaw are all raising prices on select internet plans over the next few months. The hikes come on the heels of internet price increases by Telus, Shaw, Bell and Rogers in 2018.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Netflix or Hulu: Which Fyre Festival documentary you should watch - CNET
Get a healthy dose of internet schadenfreude with competing Hulu and Netflix documentaries on the doomed music festival.
CNET. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- US says Congo's 20 days without internet '20 days too many'
US says Congo's 20 days without internet '20 days too many' amid disputed presidential vote
ABC News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- 3 "Internet of Things" Stocks to Buy Right Now
The Internet of Things is one of the tech sector's hottest growth markets. But do you know how to profit from IoT's growth potential? Check out these three stocks that could be poised for further IoT growth soon!
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Zimbabwe again forces 'total internet shutdown' amid unrest
The move comes amid protests at a sharp rise in fuel prices.
ABC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Dimed & Dangerous: Amps, Pedals, and Pizza Delivery
The internet can lead to great discoveries, but so can delivering pizza on a dark and stormy night.
Premier Guitar. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Zimbabwe Orders Second Internet Shutdown In A Week Of Deadly Protests
Critics accuse the government of constricting Internet use to stop the circulation of images showing a security forces responding violently to protests over increased gas prices.
NPR. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Zimbabwe shuts down internet amid violent crackdown
Zimbabwe has imposed an internet shutdown as demonstrators protesting a steep fuel increase were attacked by security forces, according to reports Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- How Blockchain Technology Will Improve Securities Markets
The securities markets may be in for a technology overhaul unlike anything since the advent of the internet with blockchain technology. Securrency is one technology company that is leading the way.
Forbes. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Will Internet User Growth Aid Comcast (CMCSA) Q4 Earnings?
Comcast (CMCSA) fourth-quarter earnings are likely to benefit from the expanding high-speed Internet subscriber base amid ongoing cord-cutting and stiff competition in the cable TV market.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- 'Total internet shutdown' in Zimbabwe: provider
Zimbabwe imposed a "total shutdown" of the internet on Friday, a major provider told customers, after protests early this week triggered a ruthless security crackdown. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Zimbabwe in 'total internet shutdown' amid violent crackdown
Zimbabwe is in a "total internet shutdown," a media group said Friday, after a days-long violent crackdown on people protesting a dramatic fuel price increase.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- US Appeals Court Will Not Delay Net Neutrality Case
A federal appeals court said Thursday it would not delay oral arguments set for Feb. 1 on the Trump administration's decision to repeal the 2015 landmark net neutrality rules governing internet providers. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
Internet connecting people worldwide
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries