This Inspection news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about inspection and inspecting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Vet pleads guilty to conspiracy connected to moving cattle
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Federal officials say a veterinarian faces five years in prison for helping a Kentucky company move cattle out of state without proper inspections. The Lexington Herald-Leader reports that 65-year-old John M. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- U.S. shutdown taking toll on FDA, USDA inspection roles: experts
The partial government shutdown is taking a toll on key safety inspection duties performed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Department of Agriculture, food safety experts said on Wednesday.
Reuters. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Inspectors raise concerns about staffing at Addiewell prison
Staffing levels at Addiewell prison in West Lothian are "far from ideal", according to its latest inspection.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- FDA resuming some food inspections halted by shutdown
The Food and Drug Administration said it will resume inspections of some of the riskiest foods such as cheeses, produce and infant formula as early as Tuesday.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- FDA to resume inspections of riskiest foods amid shutdown
FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said the agency is bringing back about 150 unpaid employees for inspections. Routine inspections had been briefly halted as part of the partial shutdown.
CBS News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- F.D.A. Says It Will Resume Inspecting Some High-Risk Foods
Despite the federal shutdown, some agency inspectors are returning to work and will begin performing food safety visits without pay this week, the F.D.A. commissioner said.
New York Times. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Two men are arrested after Alabama officer is shot dead and his partner is critically injured
Sgt Wytasha Carter, 44, was shot while on duty around 2am Sunday morning. He was inspecting a car burglary in Birmingham with another officer when a suspect fired.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Don't Panic: The Government Shutdown Isn't Making Food Unsafe
The Food and Drug Administration is inspecting less food these days, thanks to the shutdown. And while that has raised questions about food safety, the food business is largely carrying on as usual.
NPR. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- FDA forced to halt inspections during government shutdown
The partial government shutdown has ground some healthcare activities to a halt, but other key agencies remain funded.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- Shutdown suspends cleanups at Superfund sites
Many routine inspections aren't happening, with most of the agency's employees furloughed
CBS News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Government shutdown stalls aircraft safety inspections, new jets and routes, industry complains
The aviation industry urged President Trump and lawmakers on Thursday to end the government shutdown, complaining that the impasse is impeding them from launching new jets, routes and safety inspections due to furloughed federal workers.
CNBC. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Government shutdown slows FDA inspections, food safety watchdogs warn of outbreak risks
The FDA has stopped a large portion of its safety inspections, as about 41 percent of the organization's 17,000 employees have been furloughed due to the federal government's shutdown.
CNBC. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Partial Government Shutdown's Impact On FDA Drug Approvals
Besides the government shutdown's impact on food inspection, there are also short-term and possibly longer-term implications for drug development. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- FYI: The FDA Has Ceased Its Food Inspections
Blame the government shutdown. Again.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- How the government shutdown is impacting food inspections
FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb tweeted the agency is "taking steps" to expand domestic food safety inspections during the shutdown.
ABC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
Inspector filling out an inspection report
Related Directory Page(s)
Inspection Services News Headlines and News Summaries