This Information news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about information news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Incapacitated woman who gave birth not in coma, lawyer says
Phoenix police have said woman was victim of sexual assault and have disclosed little other information
CBS News. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- WhatsApp limits message forwarding to fight fake news - CNET
Global limit imposed after violence in India was blamed on misinformation that spread across the social network.
CNET. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Online casino group leaks information on 108 million bets, including user details
Server is now down but is unclear if the cloud provider took it down and if the parent company knows it leaked users details in the first place.
ZDNet. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- WhatsApp tightens its cap on the number of times you can forward a message to fight 'misinformation'
WhatsApp expanded a cap on message forwarding it first introduced in India after the spread of rumors led to killings and lynching attempts.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Pro-Vaccination Message Should Be Apolitical, As NYT Argues But Fails To Demonstrate
Vaccination is a critically important public health measure. Anti-vaccination disinformation needs to be countered in a non-political fashion, as the NYT Editorial Board argues but fails to demonstrate.
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- WATCH: Family issues emotional plea after mom's mysterious disappearance
The family wants anyone who has information on the disappearance of Savannah Spurlock of Richmond to come forward.
ABC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- New Emergency Broadcast System for Homeless Rolls Out in Dallas
About 10,000 people who are homeless in Dallas could be looking for emergency shelter Saturday night. In freezing weather, getting them critical information about 'where' to go -- has been a challenge,... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Meet MIZIZI, How One Twenty Four Year Old Ghanaian American Is Inspiring Africans To Stay Rooted
One recent movement that has been on my radar is social media's build-up of online communities in the information age.
Forbes. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- 'Sex trainer' who claimed to have information on Trump and Russia arrested in Moscow
Anastasia Vashukevich claimed to have recordings about Trump and Russia
ABC News. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Report: Facebook's privacy lapses may result in record fine
Facebook may be facing the biggest fine ever imposed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission for privacy violations involving the personal information of its 2.2 billion users. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- 3D Floor Plans offer vital visual information for the less physically able | By Helen Gore-Grimes
Throughout my life independence has been vital for me to overcome my disability and feel equal to my peers. Travel has always been a passion of mine. Travelling with a disability brings its own set of challenges. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- FDA looking how to get nicotine-addicted teens to quit vaping as e-cigarette 'epidemic' grinds on
The FDA says doctors need more information about treating kids for nicotine use since most cessation products are only for adults.
CNBC. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Naturopaths still making 'unacceptable' number of dubious claims face minimum $500 fines
B.C.'s naturopathic college is promising immediate action against practitioners who make false claims and spread anti-vaccination disinformation after finding an "unacceptable" number of violations of its policies.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Parents plea for information after British model, 19, is found dead in the sea during holiday
Teenager Sinead Moodliar was on holiday in the resort town of Umhlanaga in the KwaZulu-Natal when the incident happened. She had been staying at her parent's flat while they were in the UK.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Facebook Identifies Russia-Linked Misinformation Campaign
Facebook removed nearly 500 pages and accounts targeted at Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Some originated from an agency controlled by the Kremlin.
New York Times. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
Information Technology News Headlines and News Summaries