This Information news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about information news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CFPB faces legal minefield in crafting rule on small-business loan data
The agency wants more information as it conducts fair-lending exams, but conflicting statutes make writing a data collection rule difficult.
American Banker. Sunday, 23 Sep 2018.
- California Launches New Effort To Fight Election Disinformation
The state's new Office of Election Cybersecurity will focus on combating social media campaigns that try to confuse voters or discourage them from not casting ballots.
NPR. Sunday, 23 Sep 2018.
- Dutton rushes through laws forcing companies to give the Police your online information
Peter Dutton has been accused of rushing serious legislation which would allow police to read through your personal messages in Australia.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Sep 2018.
- China shuts thousands of websites in clean-up campaign: Xinhua
China has shut down more than 4,000 websites and online accounts in a three-month campaign against "harmful" online information, the official Xinhua news agency said on Saturday, citing the country's illegal publication watchdog.
Reuters. Saturday, 22 Sep 2018.
- Teen suicide: Risk factors, warning signs and prevention
Resources for teens and parents offering important information and support
CBS News. Sunday, 23 Sep 2018.
- GOP millionaire declines to release tax returns
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - A self-made Republican millionaire running for Maine governor is declining to release his tax returns over concern of revealing financial information about his employee-owned company. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 22 Sep 2018.
- UPDATE 1-Chinese police arrest 21 over data theft at Alibaba's delivery arm -Xinhua
Chinese police on Friday arrested 21 suspects in connection with the theft of customer information from Alibaba Group Holding's logistics affiliate Cainiao Network, state news agency Xinhua reported.
Reuters. Saturday, 22 Sep 2018.
- Instagram drug hashtags steer app users to opioid treatment info
Instagram has begun using some drug-related hashtags, such as "opioid" and "uppers," to steer users of the app to information about opioid treatment and recovery.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 22 Sep 2018.
- Ecuador attempted to give Wikileaks' Julian Assange diplomat post in Russia: Document
The incident was revealed in a letter by Ecuador's foreign ministry to a legislator who had asked for information about Ecuador's decision last year to grant Assange citizenship.
CNBC. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Victims of Rite Aid Shooting Identified as Police Search for Motive
On Friday, officials in Maryland named the six victims, half of whom were killed, and provided more information about how the attack unfolded the day before.
New York Times. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- 2 Texas news organizations win Freedom of Information awards
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two news organizations have been honored for outstanding open government reporting in Texas. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Ex-BHS owner Dominic Chappell's conviction stands
Former BHS owner Dominic Chappell has lost the appeal against his court conviction for failing to provide information to The Pensions Regulator.
Sky News. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen providing 'critical information' to Russia probe
Michael Cohen, U.S. President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, says he is providing "critical information" as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
- Facebook told to speed up changes or face 'sanctions'
Brussels says Facebook must improve its information flow by 31 December or face sanctions.
BBC News. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
- Sapho aims to use machine learning to save employees more time navigating systems
Sapho's Employee Experience Portal plans to use machine learning to monitor how an employee uses business applications and then dish out the most relevant information to them.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 19 Sep 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Information Technology News Headlines and News Summaries