This Hospice news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about hospices from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Teacher passed away after sending pupils letter from death bed thanking them for their friendship
Sue East, from Bath, was 59 years old when she died at a hospice on Wednesday December 19. The headteacher sent the children a farewell letter from death bed thanking them for their friendship.
Daily Mail. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Beaumont confirms plan to transfer home health operations to Ohio-based firm in joint venture deal
Beaumont Health in Royal Oak, Mich., has confirmed it has sold a majority share and will transfer operations of its home health and hospice agency to Alternate Solutions Health Network, and has formed a joint venture with the Kettering, ...
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Sanford Health and Good Samaritan close merger
Sanford, which has 44 hospitals, adds the Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society and its 200-plus post-acute, skilled-nursing, hospice, assisted-living, rehabilitation and home-health facilities to its network.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 2 Jan 2019.
- Young family faced their first Christmas without their father
Karen Pavitt, 50, from Farnborough, spent last Christmas in a hospice caring for her police detective husband Scott, who was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer at 49.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Virtual Reality Helps Hospice Workers See Life And Death Through A Patient's Eyes
A Maine medical school and nearby hospice center are trying out a VR program aimed at fostering more empathy for dying patients among health workers-in-training. Not everyone is sold on the idea.
NPR. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Dying woman's wedding wish at Berkhamsted hospice answered
The terminally ill bride married her fiance after it was arranged for her in just 36 hours.
BBC News. Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018.
- How To Choose Hospice Care
Knowing ahead of time what hospice services are available and the tasks you may be required to take on can help you make the right choices.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Dallas woman put on life support after plastic surgery in Mexico dies
Laura Avila was moved to hospice care earlier this month after going to Mexico for several procedures
CBS News. Monday, 26 Nov 2018.
- Couple weds days before bride's cancer death
A devoted husband made his terminally ill partner's dying wish come true after they tied the knot as she lay in a hospice bed, just days before she passed away.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Nov 2018.
- Vietnam War veteran goes for last motorcycle ride
A Vietnam War veteran was gifted one last motorcycle ride thanks to the work of his hospice care team and a retired police officer.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- Woman in Hospice Care After Botched Mexican Procedure
A Dallas real estate agent is in hospice care in El Paso nearly three weeks after traveling to Juarez, Mexico, to undergo multiple cosmetic surgeries that went horribly wrong. Photo Credit: Family Photo.
NBC. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- Dallas woman who went to Mexico for plastic surgery now in hospice
Statement from Laura Avila's family said she was "mistreated by doctors in Mexico" and she "would not want her tragic experience to pass in vain"
CBS News. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- Ed Sheeran's pants auctioned for St Elizabeth Hospice
The singer has donated more than 300 items to go under the hammer for charity.
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Oct 2018.
- EMTs Grant Laura Mullins' Dying Wish to See a Lighthouse
Two EMTs went out of their way to help hospice patient Laura Mullins realize her dying wish to see a lighthouse on Monday, and then swung by a local McDonalds so she could enjoy her favorite sandwich.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Amedisys to Buy Compassionate Care Hospice, Share Price Down
Amedisys (AMED) adopts initiatives to boost hospice business. It expects to become the third-largest hospice provider in America with the latest buyout.
Zacks. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
Patient receiving hospice care
Related Directory Page(s)
Hospice Services News Headlines and News Summaries