This Hardware news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about hardware news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- John Deere Recalls Gator Utility Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard (Recall Alert)
The powertrain hardware can come loose, causing the throttle to stick. This could result in the operator not being able to stop the vehicle, posing a crash hazard.
Consumer Product Safety Commission. September 11, 20.
- Merkel to hold diesel talks as allies demand hardware fix
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will hold a high-level meeting on Sunday to discuss whether to require the car industry to carry out costly hardware upgrades for older diesel vehicles to reduce inner-city pollution, government sources said.
Reuters. Friday, 21 Sep 2018.
- Meet Amazon's new Echo devices and Alexa hardware: Prices, features, release dates
Amazon has announced several -- and we do mean several -- new Alexa devices for you to consider. Here's what you need to know, including what they can do and when you can buy them.
ZDNet. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
Nuts and bolts hardware
- How to preorder all of the new Amazon Echo devices and more - CNET
Amazon just announced a slew of new Alexa-powered hardware. Here's how to get all of it.
CNET. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
- Microsoft could launch Surface Laptop 2 in black next month
Microsoft is getting ready to launch new Surface hardware next month, and one of those devices could be a black Surface Laptop 2.The company has avoided
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 18 Sep 2018.
- Does Amazon have new Alexa hardware on the way? - CNET
In 2016 and 2017, September meant new Echo devices. With rumors of new tech flying fast, will 2018 follow suit -- and if so, what should we expect?
CNET. Monday, 17 Sep 2018.
- Amazon plans to release at least 8 new Alexa devices, including a microwave oven and in-car gadget
Amazon is doubling down its Alexa-powered devices, with plans to release at least 8 new voice-controlled hardware devices before the end of the year, including a microwave oven, in-car device and various pieces of audio equipment.
CNBC. Monday, 17 Sep 2018.
- Oculus Rift review: Affordable entry into high-end VR
The Oculus Rift is the reason why Facebook bought the VR hardware company. And it's easy to see why: gaming geeks will adore it; 'normal' people will
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 15 Sep 2018.
- Most new diesel vehicles exceed emissions limits: German green lobby
Most new diesel vehicles exceed the legal limit for nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, German environmental lobby group DUH said on Friday, calling on the government to force car companies to carry out hardware retrofits of polluting cars.
Reuters. Friday, 14 Sep 2018.
- Tour pros trophies: The Spoils of Victory
Trophies are the most tangible sign of success for professional golfers. So what do they do with all the hardware they win?
Golf Digest. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- Enhanced 3-D imaging poised to advance treatments for brain diseases
Researchers have developed a combination of commercially available hardware and open-source software, named PySight, which improves rapid 2-D and 3-D imaging of the brain and other tissues.
Science Daily. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- Eyes have a natural version of night vision
To see under starlight and moonlight, the retina of the eye changes both the software and hardware of its light-sensing cells to create a kind of night vision. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- Apple iPhone XS event: By the numbers
Facts and figures about how Apple's hardware and software ecosystem is faring.
ZDNet. Thursday, 13 Sep 2018.
- Xbox's Adaptive Controller aims to bring gaming to community of disabled players
Microsoft's new Adaptive Controller for the Xbox One and Windows PC aims to make gaming accessible for those who might find it impossible to play with conventional hardware.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 3 Sep 2018.
- Surprise Surface Pro Sale Prepares Space For Microsoft's New Hardware
Is Microsoft clearling stock to make way for a new Surface Pro later this year?
Forbes. Sunday, 2 Sep 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries