This Greenhouse news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about greenhouses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New ways to harness wasted methane
The primary component of natural gas, methane, is itself a potent greenhouse gas. A recent study has unveiled a high performance catalyst for methane conversion to formaldehyde.
Science Daily. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- From Greenspan to Yellen, Economic Brain Trust Backs Carbon Tax
(Bloomberg) -- An all-star lineup of economists, from Alan Greenspan to Paul Volcker, are endorsing a plan to combat climate change by slapping a tax on greenhouse gas emissions and then distributing the revenue to American households.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Tomato plants on giant 45ft vines in sci-fi Suffolk hangar
The 14-acre greenhouse near Bramford, Suffolk, will produce millions of tomatoes using only condensation and recycled rainwater to irrigate the plants.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Earth's Tilt May Exacerbate a Melting Antarctic
As levels of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide rise and warm the globe, Antarctica's ice will become more vulnerable to cycles on an astronomical scale, particularly the tilt of our planet is as it spins around its axis.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Keeping roads in good shape reduces greenhouse gas emissions
Keeping road pavement in good shape saves money and energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions, more than offsetting pollution generated during road construction, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Robotic Milkers and an Automated Greenhouse: Inside a High-Tech Small Farm
Rivendale Farms outside Pittsburgh is a laboratory for applying technology to smaller farms.
New York Times. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Greenhouse gases blowing the wrong way for America
President Trump, you said you 'want crystal-clean air.' Well, America had three consecutive years of declining carbon emissions until 2018: Our view
Yahoo. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions Jumped 3.4% In 2018
U.S. emissions have jumped 3.4% despite what could be a record year for coal power plant retirements.
Forbes. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- How NYC Real Estate Firm Rudin Is Using Big Data To Save The Planet
At the end of 2018, the company's properties achieved a 44% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, more than half of the 80% goal established under the New York City Carbon Challenge, to be met by 2050.
Forbes. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Last year was fourth warmest, greenhouse gases up - EU's Copernicus
Last year was the fourth warmest on record, extending a scorching streak driven by a build-up of man-made greenhouse gases, the European Union's Copernicus Climate Change Service said on Monday.
Reuters. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Future of cannabis not in Canada, national pot expert claims
For Canada's cannabis expert, the future of the drug in Canada isn't in northern commercial greenhouses, but in the fields of Central and South America.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Your Christmas tree could help save the planet
Recycling your Christmas tree could help provide the materials needed to make food sweeteners and paint, as well as help cut greenhouse gas emissions.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Canada can hit Paris promise if we switch to electric cars and public transit: officials
Even with a national carbon tax, phasing out coal power, forcing the use of cleaner fuels and making buildings more efficient, Canada is still 79 million tonnes of greenhouse gases shy of hitting its existing promise to cut emissions.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- Dutch lawmakers pass ambitious law to reduce emissions
Dutch lawmakers overwhelmingly approved ambitious new climate legislation Thursday that aims to drastically drive down emissions of greenhouse gases.
Fox News. Thursday, 20 Dec 2018.
- EU agrees deal to cut greenhouse emissions from cars
The European Union agreed on Monday to a goal of cutting carbon emissions from cars by 37.5 percent in a decade, finally settling differences between vehicle-producing countries and environmentally-conscious lawmakers.
Reuters. Wednesday, 19 Dec 2018.
Greenhouse filled with growing plants
Related Directory Page(s)
Greenhouses News Headlines and News Summaries