This Fruit and Vegetable news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about fruit and vegetable news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Epigenetic change causes fruit fly babies to inherit diet-induced heart disease
Scientists have identified an epigenetic marker and two genes that caused heart failure in the children and grandchildren of fruit flies with high-fat-diet-induced heart dysfunction. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- New Proof High-Fiber Diet Prevents Disease
A large, new analysis helps confirm that eating lots of grains, vegetables, and fruit lowers your risk of dying early from cancer or heart disease. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the voice of an ignorant generation
The seed of Millennial miseducation is finally bearing its rotten fruit.
Fox News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- This Blender Is On Sale For A Fraction Of The Price Of A Vitamix
Blend fruits and veggies with the 1200 watt motor
Daily Caller. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Waitrose manages to get rid of 1,300 tons of black plastic packaging
Waitrose has hit a target to remove black plastic packs from all fresh meat, poultry, fish, fruit and veg as stores race to cut down on pollution and waste across Britain.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- This is what 52 looks like: Nutritionist says eating fruit and veg keeps her youthful
Mother-of-three Jane Michell, 52, from London revealed how eating ten portions of fruit and vegetables a day in addition to spray tans helps to maintain her ageless appearance.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Want to prevent deadly diseases? Eat more fiber, study says
A new report shows that lots of grains, vegetables and fruit lowers your risk of dying early from heart disease, cancer, and other deadly diseases
CBS News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Giant hi-tech tomato glasshouse set to produce millions of the fruit
The facility is set to produce 150 million tomatoes a year, helped by red LED lights and bees.
BBC News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Mother fruit flies use sex pheromones to veil eggs, preventing cannibalism
Researchers report how fruit flies, which lay eggs communally, use chemical deception to protect their eggs from being cannibalized by their own larvae.
Science Daily. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Government Shutdown Curtails F.D.A. Food Inspections
While the Agriculture Department continues to inspect domestic meat and poultry, the F.D.A. has reduced inspections of fruits, vegetables and other foods.
New York Times. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Why Scientists Want to Engineer Spicy Tomatoes
With genetic tinkering, the fruits may offer an easy source of capsaicin, the beneficial compound that gives peppers their heat
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Holy guacamole! Mexican fuel shortage threatens Super Bowl snack
Super Bowl fans may have to go without guacamole this year if avocado farmers in Mexico cannot send their fruit to the United States because of a prolonged fuel shortage.
Reuters. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- New American spot Parson's Chicken & Fish opens its doors in Lincoln Park
The new spot offers fried fish and chicken meals, plus vegetable sandwiches, beer and more.
ABC News. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Nancy Pelosi really likes chocolate
In this web extra, the speaker of the House tells Jane Pauley she thinks desserts made of fruit are lacking something.
CBS News. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Calgary Booster Juice was using countertop cleaner to wash fruits and veggies
An Alberta Health Services inspection last week found a northwest Calgary Booster Juice was using countertop cleaner to wash fruits and vegetables.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
Selection of fresh fruit and vegetables
Related Directory Page(s)
Fruits & Vegetables News Headlines and News Summaries