This Factory news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about factory and factories news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- International worries as China's consumption and economy slows
Picture China's economy and you might be thinking of massive factories, gigantic airports or train stations built from scratch in 24 hours.
Sky News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- 2 Reasons To Sell Tesla: $920M And $26,250
Tesla had $3 billion in cash at the end of September -- but with payments due in the near term and the cost of building Gigafactory 3, can it really cur costs enough to profit from a $35,000 Model 3?
Forbes. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Clarks to close cutting-edge UK footwear factory
Less than two years after setting up a new facility to restart its UK footwear production, Clarks is to close the unit after failing to meet production and cost targets.
Just Style. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- INSIGHT-Job jitters mount as China's factories sputter ahead of Lunar New Year
* Chinese factories shutting early for Lunar New Year holiday
Reuters. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Philips to close Suffolk factory putting 430 jobs at risk
The electronics giant will close its site at Glemsford in 2020, putting 430 jobs at risk.
BBC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Philips to shut UK baby bottle factory post-Brexit
Philips has announced plans to shut a UK factory with the potential loss of 430 jobs, months after expressing worries about a possible hit from Brexit.
Sky News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- How Jalen Hurts fits in Lincoln Riley's QB factory
Following Heisman winners Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray, Hurts inherits a potent Sooners offense that has the potential to challenge Alabama and Tua Tagovailoa.
ESPN. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Clarks 'robot-assisted' shoe factory in Street may close
The facility only opened in 2017 but 80 jobs are now at risk after production targets are not met.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Former employees see burned down furniture factory
A devastating fire at the old Broyhill plant in Lenoir is now under control. Firefighters say it appears the fire was started accidentally by a construction crew that was using a blow torch on the roof.
Fox News. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Airbus steps up pressure on suppliers over Canadian jet
Europe's Airbus is ratcheting up pressure on suppliers like United Technologies to cut costs for its Canadian-developed A220 jetliner as it expands factory facilities to cope with anticipated demand for the former Bombardier model.
Reuters. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Volkswagen to build electric vehicles at Tennessee plant
German automaker Volkswagen says its Tennessee factory will be the focus of an $800 million investment in the company's manufacturing of electric vehicles in North America
ABC News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Michigan man playing hide-and-seek in abandoned Detroit factory dies, may have fallen down elevator shaft
A game of hide-and-seek took a deadly turn in Michigan's largest city during the weekend, when a man apparently fell to his death in an abandoned building.
Fox News. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Connect the Speakers: Kate Darling on the ethics of robotics
What happens when robots move from behind factory walls and start interacting with humans?
Inman. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- U.K. Businesses Sound the Alarm While Planning for a No-Deal Brexit
Carmakers say they will idle their factories to ward off supply chain problems and the police have advised retailers to increase their security.
New York Times. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- UK economic growth hits six-month low, manufacturing slides
Britain's economy cooled in the three months to November, expanding at its weakest pace in six months as factories suffered from tough global trade conditions ahead of Brexit, official data showed on Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
Factory with cloudy sky background
Related Directory Page(s)
Factory Outlets News Headlines and News Summaries