This Disability news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about disability and disabilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Bryan Cranston Faces Backlash For Playing A Handicapped Character
'Casting a non-disabled actor to play a character with a disability is highly problematic'
Daily Caller. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- MPs' pancake race halted over security fears
A disability charity could lose out on some of its fundraising, after it cancelled a race in Westminster over MPs' security fears.
Sky News. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Anatomy of a blunder: How Veterans Affairs quietly buried a $165M accounting error
In 2010, Veterans Affairs corrected an accounting error that shortchanged the disability pensions of roughly 272,000 veterans by about $165 million. But it didn't notify the people affected, or attempt to reimburse them.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- The Job Most Americans Don't Know About, But Is Crucial To The Success of People With Disabilities
Helping to support individuals with disabilities can be incredibly rewarding. So why are so few people staying in these jobs?
Forbes. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Drug May Delay MS Disability
An immune system drug may help prevent or slow complications in a type of multiple sclerosis known as secondary progressive MS, a new study finds.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Body Positivity: London 2012 'made me embrace my disability'
Ashley Archer has had to use a wheelchair from birth and grew up hating himself for it.
BBC News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Honorary high school wrestling captain with disabilities gets moment in the spotlight
Jake Meister, who has cerebral palsy and autism, has become close with the wrestling team
CBS News. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Golfers with disabilities enjoy a breakthrough of their own
World Ranking of Golfers with Disability to be introduced with enthusiastic approval from all corners.
Golf Digest. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- Family of Amazon HR exec sue company for $6.5M over his death
The family of Ronald Ashley, from Bellevue, Washington, tells DailyMailTV that Amazon cut off the HR exec's disability pay which they claim brought on a heart attack which killed him.
Daily Mail. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Travel Tripper Releases the First ADA Monitoring Platform for Hotels
NEW YORK -- Travel Tripper, an award-winning digital agency and leader in hotel e-commerce, has released the first Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Monitoring Platform made specifically for hotels. ...
Hsyndicate. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- 'They took her teeth without telling me'
Readers tell the BBC of their experiences of dental surgery on people with learning disabilities.
BBC News. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- 22-year-old with deadly disease loses disability insurance
Social Security sent Megan Willis a letter saying her health had improved and that she was able to work. It was news to her.
CBS News. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Police Investigate Sexual Assault Allegations After Woman in Vegetative State Gives Birth
The woman, who is a patient at a private facility in Phoenix that provides long-term care for people with intellectual disabilities, gave birth to a child last month, the authorities said.
New York Times. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Should You Tell Your Boss About Your Disability?
This article examines whether it is beneficial for an employee to disclose their mental illness to their employer.
Forbes. Tuesday, 1 Jan 2019.
- Indiana officials drop execution bid in 7-year-old's death
Indiana prosecutors have quietly dropped efforts seeking the execution of an Ohio inmate for her role in killing a 7-year-old girl in 1984, citing the inmate's intellectual disability.
Fox News. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
Disability symbol on a reserved parking space
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries