This Dialysis news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about dialysis news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Scheduled dialysis for undocumented immigrants saves money and lives
(Reuters Health) - Providing scheduled dialysis for undocumented immigrants with kidney failure, rather than offering them only emergency dialysis, dramatically reduces deaths, healthcare use and costs, a study in Texas suggests.
Reuters. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- This Morning viewers left in tears as Alison Hammond delivers presents to sick children
This Morning visited Otis, who is waiting for a liver transplant, and Clara, who is on dialysis and chemotherapy after both her kidneys failed, at Leed's Children's Hospital.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- Colorado woman claims hospital removed healthy kidneys
A 73-year-old Colorado woman faces four hours of dialysis three days a week after she claims doctors erroneously removed both of her healthy kidneys six months ago.
Fox News. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- DaVita's (DVA) Q3 Earnings Lag Estimates, Kidney Care Down
DaVita (DVA) gains from dialysis services in Q3; 2018 guidance narrowed.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Nov 2018.
- Warren Buffett-owned DaVita plunges 9% after soaring on midterm elections
DaVita was set to give back gains at Wall Street's open Thursday after the dialysis provider reported third-quarter earnings and revenue that missed analysts' expectations.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Nov 2018.
- Warren Buffett-owned DaVita jumps 10% after voters reject cap on dialysis revenue
DaVita shelled out $66.6 million of the more than $110 million spent by the industry lobbying against Proposition 8, which was defeated by California voters on Tuesday.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018.
- Standing in for a kidney, MXene materials can be used to filter urea, could give dialysis patients the freedom to move
A type of two-dimensional layered material has emerged as a candidate to assist in replacing the body's waste filtration system in wearable kidneys.
Science Daily. Monday, 5 Nov 2018.
- Dialysis companies spend $111 million to kill ballot...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Dialysis companies have contributed an extraordinary $111 million and counting to defeat a California ballot initiative that ...
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Oct 2018.
- Dialysis cos. dole out more than $100M to beat Calif. ballot measure
With just a few weeks to go until November's elections, the dialysis industry has raised more than $105 million to defeat a ballot measure that would cap their profits at 15% of direct patient-care costs.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Editorial: Medicaid expansion, dialysis, staffing ratios get grassroots push
Grassroots activism is behind both good and bad trends in policy. Consumer coalitions are behind Medicaid expansion ballot measures in several states, while other coalitions are pinpointing dialysis policy and staffing ratios.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- Common Heartburn Drugs Linked to Broken Hips in Dialysis Patients
Drugs commonly used to treat heartburn and acid reflux may raise the risk for hip fractures among dialysis patients by nearly 20 percent, a new study suggests. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 28 Sep 2018.
- Body temperature regulation: How fever comes
Researchers performed a microdialysis study on mice to determine mechanisms underlying the inflammatory response in the brain associated with fever that might be used to develop new strategies for treatment.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 4 Sep 2018.
- Ontario couple says vacation was ruined after Air Canada lost dialysis machine used by husband
After the Air Canada plane landed in Copenhagen, Tom and Jane Jakobszen immediately approached baggage claim and found their suitcase carrying Tom's portable dialysis machine. But when they opened it, the machine was gone.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018.
- Diet guidance could slow kidney disease, cut costs
(Reuters Health) - Patients with chronic kidney disease could slow the progression of their illness and delay dialysis through nutrition therapy, according to a new article in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Reuters. Thursday, 16 Aug 2018.
- Crashed ambulance mystery: 2nd EMT was actually a handyman
A dialysis patient and two men working on an ambulance died March 31 when the vehicle crashed into a Bellwood building. The I-Team on Tuesday turned up new information about the employees.
ABC News. Wednesday, 25 Jul 2018.
Patient having dialysis treatment
Related Directory Page(s)
Dialysis Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries