This Chemical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Five-ingredient recipe for 'miracle spray' that will clean up floors, showers, stove tops AND grout
Instead of purchasing a chemical-laden cleaning product for each area of your home, a group of Australian mothers have developed a 'miracle spray' that can transform just about anything.
Daily Mail. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Recycling company settles lawsuit over river pollution
SEATTLE (AP) - A Seattle metals recycling facility will make more than $1 million in improvements to settle a lawsuit claiming the company discharged dangerous chemicals into the Duwamish River. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- 'Syria's children are its future but it's they who have suffered most'
Hamish de Bretton-Gordon is a chemical weapons expert and formerly an officer in the British Army commanding the UK's regiment to deal with chemical weapons defence regiment.
Sky News. Saturday, 19 Jan 2019.
- Periodic Table Found During Routine Cleaning at Scottish University May Be World's Oldest
The chart, believed to date to 1885, was unearthed from storage room in the chemistry building at the University of St. Andrews
Smithsonian. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Exposure to chemicals during pregnancy is not associated with an increase in blood pressure
Exposure to certain chemicals such as phthalates, parabens or Bisphenol A could be associated with a decrease in blood pressure during pregnancy.
Science Daily. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Q4 Earnings Meet, Revenues Top
Kansas City Southern's (KSU) Q4 results benefit from an impressive performance of Chemical & Petroleum and Agriculture & Minerals segments. However, high operating expenses partly affect results.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Honeywell Chosen by ZPC for Petrochemicals Project in China
Honeywell's (HON) unit, Honeywell UOP, gets selected by ZPC to provide a range of process technology for its integrated refining and petrochemical complex in Zhoushan.
Zacks. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- EU Chemicals Agency proposes ban on deliberately added microplastics to combat pollution
The EU Chemicals Agency ECHA on Friday proposed a ban on deliberately adding microplastics to products such as cosmetics, detergents and agricultural fertilisers in the EU by 2020 to combat pollution.
Reuters. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Teenage Diver Finds Tons Of Golf Balls Rotting Off California
Alex Weber discovered more than 50,000 balls in the ocean near coastal California golf courses. When golf balls degrade, as these were doing, they release plastic particles and toxic chemicals.
NPR. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Full carbonate chemistry at the site of calcification in a tropical coral
Researchers have succeeded in directly measuring three key parameters necessary for skeleton formation in a live tropical coral. This way, they completely characterized the carbonate chemistry at the site of calcification.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Pakistan's TCS to pioneer Smart Indigo production
Pakistan-based textile colour management company Technical Color Solution (TCS) has partnered with French textile machinery supplier Sedo Engineering to produce pre-reduced liquid indigo dyes using an electrochemical process.
Just Style. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- 'Harmful' chemicals found in nearly all receipts
Shop receipts tested in the US nearly all contained chemicals that have been linked to changes in human hormones and damage to foetuses, according to a study.
Sky News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- SK Capital Announces Promotions
NEW YORK - SK Capital Partners, a private investment firm focused exclusively on the specialty materials, chemicals and pharmaceuticals sectors, announced today several promotions. ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Child genius, 9, opens up about attending college
California boy Kairan Quazi, 9, juggles fourth grade elementary school class with pursuing associate degrees in chemistry and math at the same time.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Cruiser Capital vows to fight on at Ashland even after board deal
Hedge fund Cruiser Capital said it plans to press on with its proxy fight at Ashland Global Holdings even after the specialty chemicals business struck a deal to refresh its board with another ...
Reuters. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
Vial holding a chemical
Related Directory Page(s)
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries