This Chemical news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about chemical and chemistry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pruitt promises action on rising threat from contaminants
WASHINGTON (AP) - Soaring numbers of water systems around the country are testing positive for a dangerous class of chemicals widely used in items that include non-stick pans and firefighting foam, regulators and scientists said Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Toxic Lava From Hawaii Volcano Eruption Could Threaten Nearby Power Plant
Lava has begun flowing into the ocean and setting off a chemical reaction
Yahoo. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Hawaii volcano lava oozes into ocean, creates new toxic hazard
Authorities warn the public to stay away from the toxic steam cloud, which is formed by a chemical reaction when lava touches seawater
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
Vial holding a chemical
- The Four Key Working Styles That Create Business Chemistry -- Which Is Yours?
Understanding business chemistry gives us a lens into key differences in our core preferences and styles and what we need to thrive in our work.
Forbes. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- A hidden world of communication, chemical warfare, beneath the soil
New research shows how some of these harmful microbes have to contend not just with a farmer's chemical attacks, but also with their microscopic neighbors -- and themselves turn to chemical warfare to ward off threats.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- What is lava haze? A look at Hawaii's latest volcanic...
PAHOA, Hawaii (AP) - Lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano is pouring into the sea and setting off a chemical reaction that creates giant clouds of acid ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Feel the burn: Biochemical pathway that spurs beige fat cells to burn energy is discovered
Researchers have identified a brain receptor and signaling pathway that spurs beige fat cells to burn energy, revealing a possible target for obesity therapies in humans.
Science Daily. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Apology issued after flaring at Mossmorran chemical plant
The operator of Mossmorran in Fife say it is unable to "predict precisely" when normal operations will resume.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 May 2018.
- Company says gas leak caused explosion at Houston-area...
HOUSTON (AP) - Officials say a gas leak caused an explosion and brief flash fire at a chemical plant near Houston, resulting in non-life threatening ...
Daily Mail. Sunday, 20 May 2018.
- WATCH: Explosion rocking a chemical plant near Houston
Fire engulfs entire block in Philadelphia, wiping out a warehouse
ABC News. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
- Explosion at Texas chemical plant results in multiple injuries: reports
A fire and explosion occurred at a chemical manufacturing plant in Pasadena, Texas, on Saturday, local officials said.
Fox News. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
- 17 injured in chemical plant fire and blast in Texas
Victims suffered burns and topical injuries; some were hurt when they were fleeing the facility
CBS News. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
- Western Allies Call For Special Meeting To Enforce Chemical Weapons Ban
Western allies are calling for a rare special session of the 192 nations that agreed to ban chemical weapons to establish a new mechanism for enforcing the weapons ban, after efforts to do so at the United Nations broke down last year.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 19 May 2018.
- Lawmakers calls for release of study on toxic chemicals
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - West Virginia's senators are calling on the Trump administration to release a study on toxic chemicals that DuPont used to make Teflon and other non-stick products at a factory in the state. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 18 May 2018.
- See How This Wireless Flying Robotic Insect Can Take Off And Land
One day in the future, a fleet of flying insects could monitor and survey crops or detect dangerous gas leaks or chemical spills. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 17 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Chemicals News Headlines and News Summaries