This Cemetery news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about cemetery and cemeteries news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Paying for funerals impossible for many poor families
Darlene Hardison would have loved to have a funeral for her father and uncle and bury them in marked graves at a Michigan cemetery.
Newsmax. Monday, 21 Jan 2019.
- Volunteers Seek Help to Clean Historic Cemetery
Volunteers are seeking help to clean up Shelton's Bear Creek Cemetery on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
NBC. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Six unidentified Holocaust victims to be interred at UK Jewish cemetery
The remains of six unidentified Holocaust victims will soon have a resting place more than 20 years after they were discovered by a survivor at the Auschwitz death camp.
Fox News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- Beautiful medieval manuscripts are likely to have been the work of nuns NOT monks
Tests on the teeth of a middle-aged female skeleton at a cemetery attached to a medieval nunnery in Germany by the University of York showed flecks of a rare blue pigment on her teeth.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Peru demolishes mausoleum holding dead Shining Path rebels
Peruvian authorities on Saturday demolished a mausoleum holding eight Shining Path rebels killed during prison massacres more than three decades ago and relocated their remains to a cemetery in a northern part of Lima.
Fox News. Saturday, 29 Dec 2018.
- Montreal-area Muslims hold out hope for new cemetery in Vaudreuil-Dorion
There are only five Muslim cemeteries in the Montreal area and six in Quebec as a whole.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Bonnie and Clyde's descendants want the notorious couple be buried together
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Relatives of notorious outlaw couple Bonnie and Clyde want to see their remains laid to rest next to each other in Dallas, rather in separate cemeteries in Dallas.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- China bike-sharing pioneer Ofo hits the skids
Bicycle cemeteries, blocked pavements and angry users: the bike-sharing craze is beginning to look like an economic disaster in China, where fierce competition appears set to drive a pioneer of the sector into the ditch. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- Thousands Lay Christmas Wreaths at DFW National Cemetery
Saturday was Wreaths Across America Day, held annually on the second or third Saturday of December. Ceremonies were held across the country, including in Dallas-Fort Worth, to honor and remember fallen soldiers... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Saturday, 15 Dec 2018.
- How a South African shepherd found a dinosaur graveyard
Dumangwe Thyobeka made a huge fossil find as he was tending to his family cemetery in rural South Africa.
BBC News. Sunday, 16 Dec 2018.
- 37 Tombstones Desecrated at Jewish Cemetery in France
The spray-painting of swastikas and other Nazi symbols on Jewish graves near Strasbourg was only the latest in the region amid fears that anti-Semitism is increasing.
New York Times. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- Change How You Guard Your Heart
At Arlington National Cemetery, the changing of the guard happens like clockwork. Since 1937, regardless of weather or world events, it's taken place every 30 minutes from 8 a.m. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
- Major Project To Identify Long Nameless Korean War Dead Begins
Advances in DNA and other forensics now make identification of Americans who died in the Korean War highly likely. The Pentagon is exhuming hundreds of remains in a Honolulu military cemetery.
NPR. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
- Fate of remains at shuttered Michigan pet cemetery uncertain
HOWELL, Mich. (AP) - An attorney for owners of a shuttered Michigan pet cemetery says the property is being put up for sale and a new owner will eventually determine the site's future. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018.
- Veteran Rights Defender Alekseyeva To Be Buried In Moscow
Veteran human rights defender Lyudmila Alekseyeva, who died last week, will be buried in Moscow's Troyekurovskoye cemetery on December 11.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018.
Headstones in a cemetery
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries