This Carbon news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about carbon news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 3,000-year-old Tombos horse shows ancient Egyptians' love of them
Using radiocarbon testing, researchers from Purdue University dated the Tombos horse found in modern-day Sudan to about 950 BC, which dates to the Third Intermediate Period.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018.
- Saskatchewan asks court if Ottawa's carbon tax is unconstitutional
Saskatchewan's opposition to a federally imposed carbon tax has reached the courts.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018.
- Corn with straw mulch builds yield, soil carbon
How do you boost soil water content and soil health without irrigating? Best cover it with a layer of straw, a new study concludes.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 25 Apr 2018.
Particles of carbon
- Oil & Gas Stock Roundup: Schlumberger & Halliburton's Q1, TOTAL's Acquisition & More
A strong North American drilling market was not enough for Schlumberger (SLB) and Halliburton (HAL) to beat Q1 earnings, while France's TOTAL (TOT) strengthened its low-carbon energy asset portfolio.
Zacks. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- The EPA Declared That Burning Wood Is Carbon Neutral. It's Actually a Lot More Complicated
Here are five things to know about the controversial change
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Blinded by the light: Climate change, the sun, and Lake Superior
Lakes tend to emit carbon dioxide (CO2) to the atmosphere, making them important players in the planet's natural regulation of its climate. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- Ikea recalls gas hobs over carbon monoxide issue
Ikea is recalling a model of gas hobs sold in its UK stores because of an issue with carbon monoxide emissions.
Sky News. Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018.
- UK firm ULEMCo built a semi-truck that burns hydrogen, not diesel - Roadshow
While this isn't a new technology, it could be a way to reduce carbon emissions while we wait for widespread use of electric semis.
CNET. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- Fossil fuels roar back in a world hungry for energy: Don Pittis
Carbon output that had plateaued for three years is surging again as stronger economies renew demand for energy. Investors need to know what comes next.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 23 Apr 2018.
- Shipper Hapag-Lloyd plans 20 percent cut in CO2 emissions by 2020
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd plans a 20 percent reduction in its carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 2020, compared with 2016, to help support a drive to halve emissions in the global shipping industry.
Reuters. Sunday, 22 Apr 2018.
- Magna delivers carbon fiber subframe prototype to Ford
Magna International Inc. has delivered a carbon fiber subframe prototype to Ford it says will reduce weight and tooling costs and hopes to rule on mass production by year end.
AutoNews.com. Saturday, 21 Apr 2018.
- WATCH: Trailer: 'White Gold'
ABC News' Bob Woodruff travels to Bhutan, a carbon-negative nation battling climate change along its rapid-flowing rivers. The new feature "White Gold" premieres April 19 at abcnews.com/features.
ABC News. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- 'White gold' is a growing but controversial energy source for Bhutan
The carbon-negative nation is battling climate change along its abundant rivers.
ABC News. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- How Clean Coal Could Make A Tidy Profit
Because the program is designed as a carrot (tax credit) rather than a stick (carbon tax), the most polluting plants have the most incentive to retrofit.
Forbes. Thursday, 19 Apr 2018.
- BP to Maintain Carbon Emission Level to Combat Global Warming
Restriction of methane leakage will help BP to considerably lower carbon dioxide emission through 2025 by roughly 3.5 million tonnes.
Zacks. Wednesday, 18 Apr 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Carbon Products News Headlines and News Summaries