This Building Material news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about building material and construction material news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Environmentally friendly' flame retardant could degrade into less safe compounds
To reduce the risk of fire, many everyday products -- from building materials to furniture to clothing -- contain flame retardants. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Here's Why Investors Should Avoid Toll Brothers (TOL) Now
Toll Brothers' (TOL) disappointing performance can be attributed to decline in new order, rising building materials and labor costs.
Zacks. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Interserve in talks with lenders over debt swap
Troubled outsourcing firm Interserve has "conditionally" agreed a rescue plan with its lenders and is considering offloading its building materials business.
Sky News. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- Interserve may hand construction arm to lenders
Interserve, the struggling outsourcing group, is drawing up plans to hand its £250m building materials unit to its lenders as part of an ambitious plan to secure the company's future.
Sky News. Saturday, 15 Dec 2018.
- Carlisle's Petersen Aluminum Buyout to Aid Roofing Business
Carlisle's (CSL) purchase of Petersen Aluminum will be a boon to the Carlisle Construction Materials segment. This strategic move will boost business in the metal roofing platform.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018.
- Architects build gingerbread city to whet appetite for design
Architects swapped traditional building materials for sugar and spice to create an edible gingerbread city of the future at London's V&A Museum, to show that urban planning can be fun, and tasty.
Reuters. Thursday, 6 Dec 2018.
- This building material could've saved California houses from fires, but it's rarely used in the US
A building material known as a 3D cementitious sandwich panel can withstand flames for up to two hours.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- Waste not: South Africa makes world's first human urine brick
In one of the latest innovations in the search for eco-friendly building materials, South African university researchers have created bricks using human urine. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 16 Nov 2018.
- US retail sales rebound sharply in October
U.S. retail sales rebounded sharply in October as purchases of motor vehicles and building materials surged.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Nov 2018.
- Old clothes could be used as water and fire resistant building materials
A science professor and her group of students from New South Wales University are recycling unwanted clothes and turning them into solid building materials rather than being sent to landfill.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Nov 2018.
- 10 Ways Companies Are Getting Creative With Cannabis. Is One of These Segments for You?
Forget using cannabis just to get high. Today, companies are using it to make shoes and soap, building materials and auto parts.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 5 Nov 2018.
- Memory-steel -- A new material for the strengthening of buildings
A new building material is about to be launched on the market: 'memory-steel' can not only be used to reinforce new, but also existing concrete structures. When the material is heated (one-time), prestressing occurs automatically.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 23 Oct 2018.
- Dramatic drone video shows Florida school decimated by hurricane
The footage shows collapsed roofing and walls, scattered debris and mangled building materials
CBS News. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- LafargeHolcim Expands Operational Footprint in Denver Through Acquisition of Concrete Company, Metro Mix
CHICAGO - Construction materials supplier LafargeHolcim has acquired the assets of Metro Mix, LLC, a ready-mixed concrete manufacturer in Denver.
Business Wire. Thursday, 2 Aug 2018.
- Continuus Material Recovery Acquires ReWall to Meet Rising Demand for Sustainable Building Materials
HOUSTON - Continuus Material Recovery Acquires ReWall and delivers a large-scale solution to impending waste and recycling challenges.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 26 Jun 2018.
Building materials stacked and ready for use
Related Directory Page(s)
Building Materials News Headlines and News Summaries