This Automation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about automation news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Robots will be your colleagues not your replacement: Manpower
Fears that robots will eliminate your job are unfounded with a growing number of employers planning to increase or maintain headcount as a result of automation, staffing company ManpowerGroup said in a survey published on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- A major wall Street player is cutting 1,500 jobs and accelerating automation
The Boston-based bank says it is cutting about 6 percent of the workforce, including a 15 percent reduction of senior management.
CNBC. Friday, 18 Jan 2019.
- Nokia's eSOC Chosen by Telefonica to Transform U.K. Unit
Nokia's (NOK) eSOC platform includes a range of automation techniques leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning, allowing customers to best meet their organizational goals.
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Amazon launches 're:MARS' conference in Las Vegas dedicated to robotics, space and AI
The re:MARS conference, which stands for machine learning, automation, robotics and space, is slated to take place at the Aria Resort in Las Vegas on June 4th through the 7th.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Amazon is launching a public version of its invite-only robotics and AI conference for billionaires
Amazon announces a new re:Mars conference that will gather experts in machine learning, robotics, automation and space in Las Vegas.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Q1 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
Focus on productivity, actions to mitigate the impact of tariffs and favorable macroeconomic indicators are likely to drive Rockwell Automation's (ROK) results in first-quarter fiscal 2019.
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Sentient Marketing: Customer Engagement At The Speed Of Data
In this post, I look at how marketers can use sentiment marketing, which is a vision for customer engagement that is powered by data, scaled with automation, and personalized through AI.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- Why more banks aren't doing the robot
Robotic process automation is said to have a high return on investment, but adopting it on a large scale has proven challenging, especially at community banks.
American Banker. Monday, 14 Jan 2019.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence In The Workplace
Instead of focusing on the fear surrounding automation, businesses need to embrace these new technologies to ensure they implement the most effective AI systems to enhance and compliment human intelligence.
Forbes. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Somfy is all about shade at CES 2019 - CNET
Somfy's shade smarteners now include Zigbee automation with the Tahoma gateway hub, so you can add your curtains to your smart home.
CNET. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- 10 ways technology will change banking in 2019
The coming year will bring a wave of data-sharing deals between banks and fintechs, increased bank use of automated advice, marked changes to financial jobs as a result of automation, and much more.
American Banker. Tuesday, 8 Jan 2019.
- What is ZigBee and why is it important for your smart home?
There's been an explosion in smart home devices over the past few years. What was once referred to as "home automation" and still referred to as "Internet
Pocket Lint. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Daimler Selling Partially-Automated US Truck
Daimler AG will start sales of a U.S. truck able to brake, accelerate and steer at all speeds on its own this year, a stepping stone to more automation as growing Internet shopping strains freight companies battling driver shortages.
Newsmax. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
- Nearly 9 million British jobs could be lost to AI by 2030
EXCL: The rise of Artificial Intelligence is expected to see current jobs wiped out across a wide range of sectors as automation becomes cheaper than humans.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
- General Motors appoints Mark Reuss as president - Roadshow
A company veteran whose dad was also GM president, Reuss will help oversee the carmaker's new push for EVs and automation.
CNET. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
Orange robots on an automated assembly line
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries