This Auto Insurance news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about auto insurance and car insurance news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How your ZIP code can hike your car insurance premium
Consumer Federation of America objects to "geographic pricing," saying it "should be sharply limited or eliminated"
CBS News. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- A new kind of auto insurance can lead to lower premiums, but it tracks your every move
Usage-based auto insurance allows drivers to have their every move in a car tracked, and it can lead to lower policy premiums, but app-based offerings from insurers like Root Insurance also result in data privacy issues.
CNBC. Saturday, 6 Oct 2018.
- OCC unhappy with Wells; Cryptocurrency price manipulation seen
Otting says the bank is not moving fast enough to repay customers who were unfairly sold auto insurance; lack of regulation lets traders use software to move prices.
American Banker. Thursday, 4 Oct 2018.
Auto insurance concept
- Credit Karma expands into insurance with auto policy service
Financial technology startup Credit Karma said on Tuesday it is expanding into insurance through a new service that makes it easier for users to find cheaper auto insurance policies.
Reuters. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- Wells Fargo has not done enough to refund cheated drivers: regulator
Wells Fargo & Co has not convinced U.S. regulators it is doing enough to repay 600,000 drivers who were wrongly pushed into buying auto insurance, a leading bank regulator said on Tuesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 2 Oct 2018.
- The new scheme that will slash Canberrans' car insurance costs
Almost six months after a group of about 40 Canberrans decided how the ACT's compulsory third-party insurance should be overhauled, the Government will today reveal its proposed legislation.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 20 Sep 2018.
- 10 car insurance terms you need to know - Roadshow
Understanding the legal terms is the key to getting the coverage you need.
CNET. Saturday, 1 Sep 2018.
- Kemper Consolidates Nonstandard Auto Insurance With Buyout
Kemper's (KMPR) acquisition of Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation will help the company enhance its nonstandard auto insurance line of business.
Zacks. Tuesday, 3 Jul 2018.
- Prediction: Self-Driving Car Manufacturers Will Own The Car Insurance Business
SDCMs may one day be able to drive down the cost of car insurance and make car ownership more affordable.
Forbes. Monday, 2 Jul 2018.
- How your NAME and even your email address can add hundreds to your car insurance premium
Channel 4's Supershoppers applied to a host of car insurance firms for quotes, changing just a single detail within the submitted customer information each time for comparison.
Daily Mail. Friday, 29 Jun 2018.
- Hyundai captive pilots subscription payment plan
Hyundai Motor Finance is piloting a subscription payment option in Ohio that packages a special lease price, auto insurance and vehicle maintenance.
AutoNews.com. Wednesday, 27 Jun 2018.
- Clearsurance Research Finds That Consumers Are Comfortable With How Car Insurance Comparison Sites Use Their Data
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. - Clearsurance has released the results of its latest research concerning car insurance lead generation and price comparison websites.
Business Wire. Monday, 4 Jun 2018.
- Allstate partners with Life360 app to leverage driving data
Allstate's family of businesses is joining forces with the family-oriented location-sharing app to bring consumers insights into their driving habits and personalized car insurance offers.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
- DIMONT Honors Diana Vargas for 20 Years of Service
DALLAS - DIMONT honors 20 Veteran of mortgage and auto insurance industries.
Business Wire. Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- Wells Fargo Opens Auto Insurance in Consumer's Name
Last year, you may recall that Wells Fargo admitted to charging as many as 570,000 consumers for car insurance they didn't need.The bank apologized and agreed to pay back all of its affected customers. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 21 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Auto Insurance News Headlines and News Summaries