This Auto Dealer news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about auto dealer and car dealer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cox Automotive economist sees tax season as possible 'disaster' for car dealers
Cox's chief economist warns dealers to be conservative on inventory next spring as changes to the tax law may significantly reduce refunds in 2019.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 10 Dec 2018.
- Why California auto dealers are taking on Volvo
The California New Car Dealers Association asked Volvo to stop its Care by Volvo subscription service after a review found what the association believes to be violations of California franchise laws.
AutoNews.com. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- Bungling burglar loses his pants in Florida car dealership robbery
Police in the town of Lakeland, Florida released the clip on Friday as they appealed for help from the public to catch the unwitting criminal who broke into the store earlier this month.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Nov 2018.
- Former employee says dealership sold broken cars
One day after Contact7 dug into dozens of claims against a local used car dealership, a former employee is bringing new allegations forward that the Sharpest Rides knew about problems with cars and sold them anyway.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Nov 2018.
- Despite complaints, dealer denies selling lemons
It started with a single tip into Contact7 and became a full investigation of how a local used car dealership does business.
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Nov 2018.
- Former auto dealer accused of bilking lenders
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - A former auto dealer has been accused of lying to financial institutions about loans taken to buy inventory for his eastern Nebraska dealership. U.S. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 19 Nov 2018.
- British drugs baron once in the 'top 10 criminals in Europe' is jailed for more than 15 years
Former Middlesbrough car dealer Brian Charrington, 61, who is rumoured to update his criminal history on his own Wikipedia page has been jailed as one of nine defendants over a massive cocaine seizure.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Nov 2018.
- Dominic Conicelli, 86, known in commercials as 'Mr. Nice Guy,' built a Montco car dealership empire
Mr. Conicelli, who appeared in TV commercials as his dealership's mascot "Mr. Nice Guy," created the network of franchises now known as Conicelli Autoplex.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Thursday, 25 Oct 2018.
- Auto Sales Defy Dull September Retail Numbers: 5 Picks
Only a jump in spending at auto dealers staved off an overall decline.
Zacks. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Exclusive: Reverse gear - China car dealers push for tax cut as auto growth stalls
China's top auto dealers' association has asked the government to halve taxes on car purchases to revive faltering sales, sources said, as worries grow the country's auto market could shrink this year for the first time in decades.
Reuters. Thursday, 11 Oct 2018.
- N.J. considers a consumer bill that only car dealers love
One lawyer said the proposed legislation would "castrate" the state's consumer protection law. It applies only to car dealers, who back the measure.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Now You Can Pay With Dash At A Car Dealership In New Hampshire
A New Hampshire car dealership has seen its first car being sold entirely in Dash, signaling a change to the way business managers think of cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.
Forbes. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Restaurant Review: An Azerbaijani Feast Awaits in Brooklyn, if You Can Find It
Set back from the street like a used-car dealership, Village Cafe stands out for its careful cooking.
New York Times. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
- Independent BMW car dealers loath to agree new terms: Sueddeutsche Zeitung
Most of BMW's 550 independent car dealerships are unwilling to accept new terms set by the carmaker and are threatening to ignore an end-September deadline, Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported on Wednesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 25 Sep 2018.
- Demand for Luxury SUVs in China Drives Some Texans Into Debt
A booming demand for luxury cars in China serves as a warning to car buyers in America while forcing car dealers to investigate more thoroughly their own customers. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 24 Sep 2018.
Buying a car from an auto dealer
Related Directory Page(s)
Auto Dealers News Headlines and News Summaries