This Ambulance news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about ambulances from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Ambulance workers last year took almost a quarter of a million days off work
Newly released figures reveal that staff each took an average of 12 days off over a year.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- Woman in her 30s is found dead from critical head injury in east London home
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to a residential address in City Island Way just after 4pm on Friday 11 November, following reports of an assault.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 12 Jan 2019.
- Man died 'in agony' after stroke amid ambulance delays
Michelle Lane has PTSD and flashbacks of her husband screaming in pain as they went to hospital by car.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Jan 2019.
- 'Cheated partner' calls for ambulance for DNA test
A man called for an ambulance to come to his home to do a DNA test because his "partner cheated".
Sky News. Saturday, 5 Jan 2019.
- Ambulance equipment contaminated with drug-resistant superbug
(Reuters Health) - Ambulance oxygen tanks are likely to carry the "superbug" MRSA, a small U.S. study suggests, pointing to the need for regular disinfection of medical equipment.
Reuters. Friday, 4 Jan 2019.
- Hospitals 'coping better with winter'
There are fewer A&E closures and ambulance delays than last year, but doctors warn cold snap could change picture.
BBC News. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- 10 feelings every procrastinating parent has right before Christmas
Call the ambulance. It is Dec. 23 and there's still so much to do before Christmas.
Yahoo. Sunday, 23 Dec 2018.
- Family of man who climbed from ambulance, died, awarded $7M
CHICAGO (AP) - A jury has awarded $7 million to the family of a south suburban Chicago man who died in 2014 after he climbed from a moving ambulance. Patrick Stein's family sued the ambulance service and St. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Patient hijacks ambulance in Southern California
Incident started in Lake Elsinore and headed north on Interstate 15 until it finally came to an end in Hesperia
CBS News. Monday, 17 Dec 2018.
- Women With Heart Emergencies Less Likely to Get Proper Care
Women with cardiac emergencies are less likely than men to receive proper treatment when the ambulance arrives.
New York Times. Thursday, 13 Dec 2018.
- Women having a heart attack wait longer than men to get help
Women are being urged to call an ambulance immediately if they have heart attack symptoms, following research showing they wait longer than men to get help.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 11 Dec 2018.
- Global Health: In Remote Villages, Surprising New Measures Save Children With Malaria
Malaria quickly kills toddlers. But rapid diagnostic tests, a new suppository drug and bicycle ambulances can buy enough time to get stricken children to hospitals.
New York Times. Monday, 10 Dec 2018.
- 2 adults, 3 children airlifted to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning
The B.C. Ambulance Service said two ground ambulances and two air ambulances were dispatched to a home in Barriere, B.C., just before 7:30 a.m. PT on Thursday.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 6 Dec 2018.
- JAMA Network Open: Ambulances Arrive Faster in Wealthy Neighborhoods
Where you live in the United States may affect how quickly an ambulance shows up after a 911 call, a large new study finds.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- Ambulances show up faster in wealthy U.S. neighborhoods
(Reuters Health) - Where you live in the United States may affect how quickly an ambulance shows up after a 911 call, a large new study finds.
Reuters. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
Ambulance ready for an emergency call
Related Directory Page(s)
Ambulance Services News Headlines and News Summaries