This Accounting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Financial Accounting Foundation Reappoints Private Company Council Chair, Two Members
NORWALK, Conn. - The Board of Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) today reappointed Candace E. Wright as the chair of the Private Company Council (PCC) for a three-year term. ... ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 21 Aug 2018.
- Know a Good Accountant? Cannabis Companies Are Looking
Accounting and financial services have become the unlikely stars of a complicated ecosystem. No matter what your skill level, there may be an opportunity for you.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
- Nearly 20% of Medicare radiation therapy planning payments were improper, OIG says
An HHS watchdog found hospitals wrongly billed Medicare for up to $25 million in cancer treatments, accounting for a nearly 25% bump in their bundled payments.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 20 Aug 2018.
Accounting word cloud
- Knightsbridge cafe accountant admits lying about staff pensions
Hashmukh Shah, 63, admits purposely misleading officers from The Pensions Regulator.
BBC News. Wednesday, 15 Aug 2018.
- FASB Proposes Narrow-Scope Improvements to Accounting for Lessors
NORWALK, Conn. - The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) today issued a proposal that would reduce costs and ease implementation of the Leases standard for financial statement preparers. ...
Business Wire. Monday, 13 Aug 2018.
- CECL may not be the bogeyman banks fear
While the looming loan-loss accounting standard has been criticized for its complexity and the potential cost to implement, some advocates believe it could also lead to better pricing decisions and improve communication within a bank.
American Banker. Monday, 13 Aug 2018.
- Manafort accountant asked at trial about loan from Russian oligarch
An accountant for Paul Manafort, U.S. President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, was asked by a prosecutor on Monday at Manafort's trial on tax and bank fraud charges about a $10 million loan from Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska.
Reuters. Monday, 6 Aug 2018.
- Accountant of ex-Trump aide Manafort testifies she helped falsify documents
An accountant for U.S. ...
Reuters. Friday, 3 Aug 2018.
- Trump ex-campaign chief Manafort's 'income doctored'
Paul Manafort's accountant says she helped to disguise his foreign income so he could pay less tax.
BBC News. Friday, 3 Aug 2018.
- Manafort denied having foreign bank accounts when questioned by his own tax accountant
Cynthia Laporta, one of Manafort's accountants, told his Alexandria, VA, fraud trial how his deputy Rick Gates said he couldn't pay his taxes in 2015 and came up with a scheme to cut his income.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Aug 2018.
- Manafort accountant with immunity testifies she helped falsify loan amount
Prosecutors say they could finish their case by next week, narrowing the window of time in which Manafort's longtime business partner, Rick Gates, could testify against him.
CNBC. Friday, 3 Aug 2018.
- More companies are beating profit forecasts -- thanks to gimmicks
Study: A spike in "positive earnings surprises" is due to accounting games that could undermine investor confidence
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Aug 2018.
- World BFI Output Witnessed Modest Drop in June
Brazil was the largest producer in South America, accounting for nearly 90% of the total regional output.
ScrapMonster. Wednesday, 1 Aug 2018.
- Tesla fills chief accounting post with Seagate's CFO
Tesla is filling a significant void in its finance team with a former chief financial officer of computer-drive maker Seagate Technology.
AutoNews.com. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
- Sergio Marchionne was an improbable leader of impossible missions
Sergio Marchionne came into the auto industry 15 years ago as an outsider, a paunchy middle-aged accountant-turned-corporate strategist with no experience running a car factory. ...
AutoNews.com. Monday, 30 Jul 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries