This Accounting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Justice Department charges Russian trolls' chief accountant - CNET
She was allegedly in charge of a $35 million operation over the last three years.
CNET. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- Spy Bosses Warn Of Foreign Interference As Feds Unseal New Russia Charges
The intelligence agencies said the threat of foreign interference persists; DOJ unsealed a criminal case against a Russian accused of being the top accountant for Moscow's disinformation effort.
NPR. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- SEC investigates Honeywell for asbetos-related accounting
Honeywell International Inc said on Friday the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission had opened an investigation into its accounting for asbestos-related liabilities.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
Accounting word cloud
- Banks lobby to change accounting rule; digital trade platform coming
Banks ask Congress for help with a rule that forces them to estimate loan losses; The network will allow banks to "exchange and verify trade information."
American Banker. Friday, 19 Oct 2018.
- The Peabody Memphis Installs Aptech PVNG Cloud Accounting to Simplify Processes
PITTSBURGH - Aptech Computer Systems announced that The Peabody Memphis upgraded its back office financial system to cloud-based PVNG Enterprise Accounting to simplify accounting operations and safeguard data in the cloud. ...
Hsyndicate. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Insurers call for delay in prising open 'black box' accounts
Insurers from across the world have called for amendments and a two-year delay to a change in accounting rules aimed at increasing visibility of how they earn their money.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Grant Thornton chief executive Sacha Romanovitch departs
Sacha Romanovitch, the first woman to run a big City accounting firm, is leaving Grant Thornton.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Oct 2018.
- Association For Honest Attorneys Founder Really Needed A Competent Accountant
Association For Honest Attorneys founder hit with stiff excise tax, that might have been avoided with better accounting.
Forbes. Friday, 12 Oct 2018.
- Consumers face a new -- but familiar -- economic worry: Inflation
Most workers have seen their pay go backward during the recovery after accounting for rising prices
CBS News. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Patisserie Valerie faces winding-up order from HMRC
The chain says it has uncovered "significant, and potentially fraudulent, accounting irregularities".
BBC News. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Jamal Khashoggi affair highlights what happens when America abdicates role as free press defender | Trudy Rubin
If Trump fails to press Saudi Crown Prince MBS for an accounting of what happened to Jamal Khashoggi, he will add to the impression that the U.S. no longer cares when journalists are murdered abroad.
Philadelphia Inquirer. Wednesday, 10 Oct 2018.
- Accounting giants face competition review
Britain's competition watchdog has launched a fast-track review into the audit sector after concerns raised following the collapse of construction giant Carillion.
Sky News. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- Vic driver hit 216km/h before fatal crash
A drug driver who hit and killed a Melbourne accountant while driving on the wrong side of the road was doing 216km/h moments before impact, a court ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 9 Oct 2018.
- MYOB shares soar on $2.6b takeover bid from KKR
Shares in accounting software company MYOB soar almost 20 per cent upon a takeover bid from New York-based private equity firm KKR.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Monday, 8 Oct 2018.
- Billion Dollar Tax, Penalty And Interest Charge Against Exelon Upheld By Seventh Circuit
Exelon's 1999 like-kind exchange disallowed by Tax Court with decision upheld by Seventh Circuit. Blessing of two Big 4 accounting firms did not avoid $87 million penalty.
Forbes. Sunday, 7 Oct 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries