This Accounting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Patisserie Valerie seeks bank lifeline
It comes after the firm said an accounting probe found thousands of false entries in its ledgers.
BBC News. Sunday, 20 Jan 2019.
- Veterans Affairs $165M gaffe headed to Federal Court in proposed class-action lawsuit
A proposed class-action lawsuit has been filed against the federal government over the $165-million accounting blunder at Veterans Affairs Canada, CBC News has learned.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Patisserie Valerie says accounting scandal worse than thought
An accounting probe has found thousands of false entries in the firm's ledgers, its owner says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- How Family Businesses Can Take The Lead In Achieving Gender Equality
Family firms, accounting for well over half of the world's economy and jobs, can often make rapid cultural changes that can make a real difference in achieving gender equality. Dreams and aspirations are formed in childhood. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Ready, set, file: Everything you need to know about completing your 2018 return
The clock is ticking down toward the start of tax season, and accountants are warning that it could be messy. Here's your cheat sheet to help you simplify the process.
CNBC. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Confidential data on United Airlines' top corporate clients is leaked
The US-based carrier revealed that Apple spends $150m each year on flights, with San Francisco to Shanghai accounting for $35m of the tech company's spend with the airline.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019.
- Anatomy of a blunder: How Veterans Affairs quietly buried a $165M accounting error
In 2010, Veterans Affairs corrected an accounting error that shortchanged the disability pensions of roughly 272,000 veterans by about $165 million. But it didn't notify the people affected, or attempt to reimburse them.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 11 Jan 2019.
- Holding U.S. Treasuries? Beware! Uncle Sam Can't Account For $21 Trillion!
The DOD and HUD can't account for $21 Trillion and the accounting profession has given the government the ok to engage in even worse accounting. If you're holding U.S. Treasuries, think twice.
Forbes. Wednesday, 9 Jan 2019.
- Renewables overtake coal as Germany's main energy source
Renewables overtook coal as Germany's main source of energy for the first time last year, accounting for just over 40 percent of electricity production, research showed on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 3 Jan 2019.
- Hertz Global to pay $16 million fine to settle accounting case: SEC
Hertz Global Holdings has agreed to pay a $16 million fine to settle a case over accounting misstatement, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) said in an order filed on Monday.
Reuters. Monday, 31 Dec 2018.
- The 5 Most Important Accounting Reports for Your Small Business
Here are the key reports to know about, including profit and loss statements, revenue by customer and more.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- Grandmother, 63, spared jail after killing her 'tyrant' son with a frying pan and dismembering him
The Russian woman (pictured) - an accountant named only Lyudmila R - was found guilty of murder but spared jail because she was provoked by him repeatedly beating and abusing her.
Daily Mail. Friday, 28 Dec 2018.
- MYOB agrees to reduced KKR offer
Accounting software firm has until Febraury 2019 to seek out a superior offer.
ZDNet. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Will industry get what it wants on CECL?
Detractors are suddenly hopeful that the controversial accounting standard could be delayed or altered after FSOC's longer-than-expected closed session on the issue.
American Banker. Friday, 21 Dec 2018.
- 'Cross-check on quality' for big four auditors
The UK's big four auditors are facing the prospect of having their work checked by smaller rivals in the wake of a string of accounting scandals.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Dec 2018.
Accounting word cloud
Related Directory Page(s)
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries