This Accounting news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about accounting and accountant news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dimension Data pins education as Australia's most attacked industry
Dimension Data has reported that the education sector topped the list of attacked industries in Australia in the past year, accounting for 26 percent of total attacks
ZDNet. Thursday, 17 May 2018.
- Accounting Blockchain Coalition Launches Four Working Groups
NEW YORK - Accounting Blockchain Coalition Launches 4 Working Groups to Focus on Regulatory Compliance, Auditing and Accounting, Taxation, and Internal Control ...
Business Wire. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
- Hospitality Financial Leadership - Is Teaching Hotel School Students About Accounting a Waste of Time? | By David Lund
I have a dream. My dream is that the numbers, the numbers that so many managers agonize over in our industry, are just as accessible as guest service and employee engagement. ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
Accounting word cloud
- Symantec moves to allay concerns about accounting investigation, future outlook
Symantec kicked off its week with an analyst conference call outlining its view for the fiscal years ahead and how its enterprise business is shifting.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
- Symantec downplays mysterious internal investigation
Symantec shares regained some lost ground Monday as executives downplayed a mysterious internal investigation as an accounting matter not expected to ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
- Symantec probes accounting, says likely no impact on past results
(Reuters) - Symantec Corp on Monday said it did not expect an internal accounting probe that it disclosed last week to have a material impact on its past financial statements, helping allay investor concerns.
Reuters. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- PartnerRe Selects Clearwater for Investment Data Operations and Multi-Basis Accounting
BOISE, Idaho - PartnerRe selects Clearwater for investment data operations and multi-basis accounting.
Business Wire. Monday, 14 May 2018.
- US and United Arab Emirates strike deal resolving airline competition feud
Under the deal, Dubai-based Emirates and Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways agreed to voluntarily open up their accounting books by publishing annual financial statements.
CNBC. Friday, 11 May 2018.
- Florida widow is arrested 'for plotting her husband's 2000 murder'
Accountant Denise Williams, 48, was indicted on Tuesday on charges of murder, conspiracy and accessory after the fact in the slaying of her husband, 31-year-old Mike Williams.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
- A Seat At The Table: Why The CFO's Role Is More Crucial Than Ever
The accounting and finance industry is evolving. According to John Orlando, EVP and CFO of Centage, technology has opened up the CFO's time to be involved in all facets of a company, allowing for more strategic outcomes.
Forbes. Wednesday, 9 May 2018.
- Valeant tries to leave the past behind with name change, shares surge
Chief Executive Joseph Papa has worked for the past two years to turn around the company's fortunes and regain investor confidence following a flurry of investigations into its accounting and pricing practices. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 8 May 2018.
- Buffett's company reports a $1.1B 1Q loss on paper losses
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. reported a $1.1 billion first-quarter loss as new accounting rules forced it to change the way it accounts for the value of its investments
ABC News. Saturday, 5 May 2018.
- Jay-Z The Target Of The SEC, Potentially Faces Contempt And Incarceration
The artist faces a subpoena for not cooperating in an investigation of accounting practices at Iconix Brand Group.
Forbes. Thursday, 3 May 2018.
- Bill.com revs up expansion plan by adding two senior leaders
Fresh off landing JPMorgan Chase as a client, the digital payments firm is counting on tech veterans Yael Zheng and Vinay Pai to help accelerate its growth through additional partnerships with banks and accounting firms.
American Banker. Wednesday, 2 May 2018.
- Samsung BioLogics shares plunge after regulator says co breached accounting rules
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung BioLogics Co Ltd fell over 18 percent on Wednesday as South Korea's watchdog Financial Supervisory Service provisionally decided it had breached accounting rules.
Reuters. Tuesday, 1 May 2018.
Related Directory Page(s)
Accountants News Headlines and News Summaries